Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricked M8S with M8 V8_8 20150923 Board 2GB RAM 8GB Rom BCM4335 Wifi. Not detected in USB Burn Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked M8S with M8 V8_8 20150923 Board 2GB RAM 8GB Rom BCM4335 Wifi. Not detected in USB Burn Tool

It appears I have bricked my M8S with M8 V8_8 20150923 Board 2GB RAM 8GB Rom BCM4335 Wifi by flashing the Kerber M8S Openelec.

When the power is connected the LED is green however no HDMI, boot up or access to recovery.

It is Not detected in USB Burn Tool (because no device in device manager on windows 7 pc, and no ding sound when connected to laptop). If I just connect it to PC using usb to usb cable using USB port which is furthest away from HDMI, No light shows on M8S. Ive tried the other USB port closest to the HDMI and also no light shows on M8S. If I then connect power supply to M8S with usb cable plugged into either port, the light comes on. Although with all the above, still no device detected, or windows ding sound to say a new device is detected. Also tried all the above while booting with the reset button inside AV port pushed in. Still no go...

Ive tried a Amlogic Bootcard maker with a (I assume) known working bootloader.img renamed to u-boot.bin (known working as I used the Update.zip the bootloader was in, to update the box, and it worked and booted ok after I did it). Still no boot or HDMI output.

Next Ive tried shorting nand pins 29 and 30 as per pic as the board has a H27UCG8T2ETR-BC marked nand. Still nothing detected on laptop or usb burn tool. And no boot from Amlogic bootcard maker.

Another user on here has the same board and problem ( giladsta ). He seems to think I may have to jumper two pins to the right of the inner USB and to the left of the HDMI (there are just two holes there, no pin header) to enable OTG on one of the usb ports? Is he right? If so anyone know which usb port it enables OTG on?

Anyone got any idea how I can move forward? I also own two all black mxq s805, and have bricked and recovered those no problem by researching google and this forum using usb burn tool. However Im coming to a bit of a dead end to what to do next to try and recover this box. Would getting a TTL serial adapter help with diagnostics or recovery as I can see serial ports on right of board?

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: IM using a 4gb sdcard for Amlogic bootcard maker formated as fat32 through the bootcard maker software. Does the size matter? Can recovery be done by amlogic bootcard marker with usb pen drive (highly unlikely but thought i would ask).

grant2258 has said in another thread about an m8 that "On most NAND chips by shorting pins RB and R/E together or in some cases RE and CE, it makes the processor boot up and think there is no NAND memory and puts it into MASK ROM MODE. It also "may" erase NAND...". Just tried those pins and still nothing.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

I have same problem and the same version of device... Did you find any solution?

Comment

so still no one know what to do?
      as sed i have the m8s box with the m8_6 bord 20150820

stuck on blue light on. no signal to tv, pc cant find the box via usb' burning tool dosent work

im stuck with it.

what can i do to help this box. seller dont have a clue what to do

i have tryed to use usb burning tool with the jumper next to usb otg port still nothing

Attached Files

Comment

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ls-at-2-solved

Look here post #13 I have the same board revision v8_8.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Dc0de View Post
          It appears I have bricked my M8S with M8 V8_8 20150923 Board 2GB RAM 8GB Rom BCM4335 Wifi by flashing the Kerber M8S Openelec.

When the power is connected the LED is green however no HDMI, boot up or access to recovery.

It is Not detected in USB Burn Tool (because no device in device manager on windows 7 pc, and no ding sound when connected to laptop). If I just connect it to PC using usb to usb cable using USB port which is furthest away from HDMI, No light shows on M8S. Ive tried the other USB port closest to the HDMI and also no light shows on M8S. If I then connect power supply to M8S with usb cable plugged into either port, the light comes on. Although with all the above, still no device detected, or windows ding sound to say a new device is detected. Also tried all the above while booting with the reset button inside AV port pushed in. Still no go...

Ive tried a Amlogic Bootcard maker with a (I assume) known working bootloader.img renamed to u-boot.bin (known working as I used the Update.zip the bootloader was in, to update the box, and it worked and booted ok after I did it). Still no boot or HDMI output.

Next Ive tried shorting nand pins 29 and 30 as per pic as the board has a H27UCG8T2ETR-BC marked nand. Still nothing detected on laptop or usb burn tool. And no boot from Amlogic bootcard maker.

Another user on here has the same board and problem ( giladsta ). He seems to think I may have to jumper two pins to the right of the inner USB and to the left of the HDMI (there are just two holes there, no pin header) to enable OTG on one of the usb ports? Is he right? If so anyone know which usb port it enables OTG on?

Anyone got any idea how I can move forward? I also own two all black mxq s805, and have bricked and recovered those no problem by researching google and this forum using usb burn tool. However Im coming to a bit of a dead end to what to do next to try and recover this box. Would getting a TTL serial adapter help with diagnostics or recovery as I can see serial ports on right of board?

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: IM using a 4gb sdcard for Amlogic bootcard maker formated as fat32 through the bootcard maker software. Does the size matter? Can recovery be done by amlogic bootcard marker with usb pen drive (highly unlikely but thought i would ask).

grant2258 has said in another thread about an m8 that "On most NAND chips by shorting pins RB and R/E together or in some cases RE and CE, it makes the processor boot up and think there is no NAND memory and puts it into MASK ROM MODE. It also "may" erase NAND...". Just tried those pins and still nothing.
          Hola, nada que resuelves el problema? estoy en la misma situacion tuya, le instale un firmware y se me bloqueo, el mio es el M8S y solo se queda encendido el LED azul y no sale nada en el TV y el PC no lee por USB, si encuentras alguna solucion me la haces saber, al igual lo hare yo, gracias. [email protected]
          Hello, nothing to solve the problem? I 'm in the same situation as you , you install a firmware and blocked me , mine is the M8S and only the blue LED stays on and nothing comes on the TV and the PC does not read USB , if you find any solution to me do know , as I will, thank you. [email protected]

Comment

Same here tried with wrong USB A-A cable and fried the USB ports as well, so I am left only with SDCARD option. I've tried almost everything, I guess we need the stock firmware to unbrick it, do you guys know any way of getting it maybe from somebody that has a working M8S v8.8 ?

Comment

Saludos ami me pasa lo mismo tengo una ott m8 4K china y primero me mostraba sobre un serio error que iba a reiniciarse lo hizo varias veces despues al otro día se quedaba en el logo de repente se veía una imagen distorsionada con pantalla blanca no he podido hacer nada ahora se le fue la luz azul del power he tratado de flashearla con amlogic burn tool y se traba en 2% tratando de revivirla si hay alguien que sepa y le ha sucedido le agradeceré por su ayuda gracias.

Comment

keep the av switch held down while flashing and use the cyx m8s bcm4335 8g2g kodi addons img file

Comment

Going to try I let know thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fapeci View Post
                    Same here tried with wrong USB A-A cable and fried the USB ports as well, so I am left only with SDCARD option. I've tried almost everything, I guess we need the stock firmware to unbrick it, do you guys know any way of getting it maybe from somebody that has a working M8S v8.8 ?
                    Hi ,

you can try Chinagadetsreview .

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...8s-tv-box.html

or

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/lat...ware-download/

BUT FIRST check if the Specs are really the same . So your USB Port is bricked ???

only because of using a A to A Cable ???

good luck

gefattern
                    Last edited by gefattern; 08-10-2017, 12:51.

Comment

You can also try some MXiii firmwares, you never know with those boxes. Only firmware for MXIII PLUS will work on my M8S (ap6630) box.

Comment

Working...
                      X