M8S+ AV/RCA does not work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8S+ AV/RCA does not work?

Bought an M8S+ for granny after finding out these things have RCA as an option (she still uses a 32 CRT). Sadly I can't get it to display anything through the AV cable.

Maybe 5.1.1 does't support the AV connection and this is why the + model doesn't come with the AV cable?
    Do they use a nonstandard AV cable? Connecting any color to the red or white on my TV makes an audio buzz so I think this is the issue.

Hoping someone knows and/or could test the cable that came with a standard M8S for me. I tested the one I bought with a multi-meter and from tip to base I got Tip=white, R1=yellow, R2=shared ground and R3=red. In my searches I read that Wetek uses a 17mm plug instead of the standard 14mm so maybe Acemax/OTT does the same?

Got my box through Acemax on Amazon if it matters.
    Last edited by Stormsorter; 02-04-2016, 22:16.

Originally posted by Lurker View Post
    The analog TV cable (3.5mm earphone type connector to 3 RCA connectors) was included with the MXIII - (tip - red, 1st ring - white, 2nd ring - yellow, 3rd ring - ground).

Well after more searching I came across the quote above in another thread. I then did a quick test and sure enough it worked. Now to rewire my AV cable and see if I need to mod in an external antenna so granny can watch Amazon Prime and maybe Netflix using my net across the parking lot. Unless this thing gets better signal than my S5 I'm going to have to put an external antenna between her front and screen door. That will be another thread.

Comment

Have you got just red/yellow/white or hd composite multi colors to plug in usually if you have hd composite input then yellow goes to green port red/white got to red/white ports.
      What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Nope, not composite. Grannies TV is an old CRT with single yellow rca, s-vid or coaxial for video input. As I stated in the second post, I got it working. These boxes use a different TRRS configuration than the cables found on online stores that are generally for camcorders.

Comment

Yeah I have 2 crts one maybe 20inch/21inch? goodmans with lovely fake wood plastic in a stained finished like washed out wood varnish,it's supposed to mimic wood lol,and another more recent thing a panasonic 14" portable with just yellow and white a mono sound tv,the goodmans was left in the property when i came here and low and behold it worked.They'd been given time to move everthing so they dumped it on me,to me it was a great gift to my landlord an eye sore lmfao?
          Thinking as you are savvy you may know what box i have?Trying to get a response on a thread i did just minutes back to find out what it actually is and can i mod it?Thinking I may have been duped by an **** seller mis-selling it as M8S when it's actually a clone possibly?

I just got the model number of the goodmans tv out of curiosity it's the CTV 20XR,a quick google search gives up nothing on it,i found one article with a code for a remote but no pictures nothing? The power button is missing but it comes on and can be pressed the tops cracked a little,but i was going to get it skinned if i take the top bit off for a mate o do for me if he will.
          Last edited by PHYSC; 02-28-2016, 22:54.
          What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Working...
          X