Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked M8S

Good Morning =)

I'm new to those TV players and made a mistake, I tried to update the Firmware and used the bad one.
    I used the M8 Megatron instead of the M8S Megatron.

Now the front light triangle is red.

Is the M8S dead ? Or is there a way to get it to work again ?

Thanks in advance for your time !

You should User USB burning Tool or SD Bootcardmaker You need to Know which M8S Box You have Open IT and See and take Screenshots of your board

Comment

Does that help you further ? Or should I zoom on specific items of the mobo ?
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Ps : I tried sd and usb solutions, without any sucess for know ... Never even had a single hdmi signal ... And the LED is still red !

Comment

Check out this video, if it can be helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o7KQaLAEeU

Comment

You need the right Firmware is this board csm8 v1.3

Comment

@ jujulips can you confirm what wifi chipset you have to me it looks like the ap6330 if so jump on teh m8 turturials section of this forum and download the m8s firmware image and flash it then jump on the remote updater section on this forum and flash the correct remote for your box.
              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Hello I have similar issue, I have a couple of M8s boxes which suddenly have no hdmi signal, blue light is on. Tried to flash with lot of firmwares but no result, tried also to flash by USB but they are not recognized by my computer. Any ideas?

Comment

kokoui you should take a look at your board and tell US wich Version it is

Comment

Here is the board of my m8s
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

You have ap6330 wifi chipset so the image file in the m8 knowledge and tuturial section http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ial#post553667 should work with usb burntool can you post what operating system you are using also did you install the world cup drivers with the usb burntool is the box unplugged from power while you holding reset button in while pluging in the usb cable on outside port
                      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                        You have ap6330 wifi chipset so the image file in the m8 knowledge and tuturial section http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ial#post553667 should work with usb burntool can you post what operating system you are using also did you install the world cup drivers with the usb burntool is the box unplugged from power while you holding reset button in while pluging in the usb cable on outside port

yes JustMe , I installed usb burning tool with the drivers on my windows xp laptop and I tried how you described it but still box is not recognized by the computer.

Comment

Working...
                        X