TWRP and M8S ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWRP and M8S ????

I just picked up a M8S to play with but want to create a back up before I try installing anything.
    Which version of TWRP can i use with the M8S to make a backup ????? or what is the best method for backing up the rom on a M8S.

I have tried the K200 .img on my SD card with no luck. While holding AV button in the Loading screen comes up flashes blue, than goes back to loading screen and repeats.

Any help on creating a back up would be great.

Thanks

UPDATE

okay too late i started playing with my M8S LOL I'm stuck with a Blue light consistently on. And USB burning tool does not see my box. I have been doing alot of reading. If someone could steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Noodle View Post
      UPDATE

okay too late i started playing with my M8S LOL I'm stuck with a Blue light consistently on. And USB burning tool does not see my box. I have been doing alot of reading. If someone could steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
      Have you opened the box to see what is actually in it. i.e. what NAND, wifi, etc?

Comment

Hi dtn thanks for your reply...... sorry about the delay.
        Managed to somewhat fix my M8S..... Here's what i did.

1. Shorted the Nand pins as shown here in the video..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o7K...ature=youtu.be
        2. Downloaded PROBOX 2EX and installed the .img using the USB tool. After installing this .img I still had no signal through the HDMI but was able to remove the metal shorting the Nand and use the USB Tool normally without having to short out the pins.
        3. Found an .img ( http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...brick-help-pls - post #14) and installed this using the USB Tool. After installing the .img i rebooted and the box came to life. Only down fall is the RED light is on all the time.

Here's a pic of my M8S board. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_15832.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	567036

XT- S812- v10

If anyone can help identify this board and guide me to a better .img file or openelec file that would work on this board it would be much appreciated.
        Thanks...
        Still won't go into recovery mode either.
        Last edited by Mr.Noodle; 04-15-2016, 01:30.

Comment

I tried openelec 6.2 .... it loaded except wifi and Ethernet did not work.
          Last edited by Mr.Noodle; 04-15-2016, 01:43.

Comment

Openelec 6.2 for amlogic? Try the 6.0.0 first in my opinion. amlinux.ru/image/

Comment

Okay Finally figured it out after weeks of trial and errors ................
              I found the firmware for this box and works great. PCB XT- S812- v10

The .img is located here... http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry47883158 at post #1974. Of course use the USB method to install the .img.
              I then tried Openelec 6.0.2 which works great except NO wifi .... only ethernet. If anyone knows how to get the wifi working on this please let me... and others know.

Phew ......Problem solved. I can sleep now. LOL

Comment

please dont be mad if i did something wrong in this forum i have never post before or subscribe on any forum but here i am very confused with my box (sorry no picture) but here are the spec as a friend opened it once for me :
                m8s box from ott
                inside amlogic s802b and wifi 6330
                connect succes with us burning tool
                didnt find the right firmware, the only one that worked had no wifi no bluetooth and remote issue (with color button) i tried several firmware but invain, your are my last hope,
                not looking for openlec, just an android rom sorry again and thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                X