Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Universal Remote Apps for Galaxy S5 (Peel wont on OTT) for OTT M8S 4k? If no apps any 3rd party stand alone options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal Remote Apps for Galaxy S5 (Peel wont on OTT) for OTT M8S 4k? If no apps any 3rd party stand alone options?

Box and control works great but need line of sight and close range and still won't pick up every click and speaking of Click there us a loud one when pressing the d-ring. I know it's minor nit picky stuff but I want to replace the orginal remote with either an app from the GooglePlay Store for my Samsung Galaxy S5 as the Peel Smart Remote App it came with won't support the brand Ott.

If there be a good stand alone programable remote that works for sure on this Ott M8S 4k I might be willing to invest if it's reasonably priced. Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions gentlemen.

Hello, I don't have this box, but RemoteIME works on some AML boxes. There is an official Kodi remote app called Kore, but it only works in Kodi/XBMC/OpenELEC/VidOn, etc. There may be others.
    Of course, an inexpensive wireless Remote can be had for as little as $10. Better ones can be had for $20-$30. Some have gyros and can be used for games requiring tilt for control.

Look in settings for remote options.

Comment

I have a M8S (N200C with AP6330 / Motherboard = CS_812M8_V1.3 / rounded remote)

RemoteIME does work fine, but auto search in the app does not work for me. I had to manually enter the IP into the app on my Samsung A3. Also box and phone have to be on the same network.

I have a Samsung SMART TV and can use HDMI (CEC) which works great from my Samsung remote too.

Make sure you turn on the options in the MBOC config

I use RemoteIME most of the time, if I am having a massive Kodi session, I will switch to KORE once in Kodi (video control options are slightly better).

HowieT

Comment

Working...
      X