No announcement yet.

Bricked M8S+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much for this firmware, been looking everywhere trying to find one to bring this board back to life and this did it.
    I've bought a few of these M8S boxes and seems like each one has a different board inside so I never know what to flash on them.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzman666 View Post
      Thanks so much for this firmware, been looking everywhere trying to find one to bring this board back to life and this did it.
      I've bought a few of these M8S boxes and seems like each one has a different board inside so I never know what to flash on them.

ozzman666 If you get ethernet running on the box can you let me know? I have WiFi but no ethernet.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesbronson View Post

ozzman666 If you get ethernet running on the box can you let me know? I have WiFi but no ethernet.
        Haven't tried ethernet yet but I'll check it out soon and get back you

Comment

Everything is working fine with this firmware on my box. If you like to use openelec just replace firmware on SD card and do the same procedure (toothpick method). Works great!

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
            Everything is working fine with this firmware on my box. If you like to use openelec just replace firmware on SD card and do the same procedure (toothpick method). Works great!

I would give Openelec another try, I just don't want to download the wrong version again. It was a 5 day headache getting my box back to a working state. Maybe I will try an older version.

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
              I ended up installing Openelec (OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8S-6.95.1.1.zip) it works great, remote works, ethernet and WiFi. But big problem after shut down. Once the box is in standby it won't tun back on, rebooting by unplugging and plugging back in also results in a non responsive box. Unfortunate though, from what little I saw in Kodi the box was super responsive.

Back to USB Buring again.

Comment

No go on the ethernet for me, I'm assuming its because this an M8S+ firmware which has the gigabit LAN port and my box is an M8S variant
                Last edited by ozzman666; 04-20-2016, 18:22.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzman666 View Post
                  No go on the ethernet for me, I'm assuming its because this an M8S+ firmware which has the gigabit LAN port and my box is an M8S variant with

Thanks for letting me know. I will try and see if I can or hopefully someone can help out with getting the ethernet running. Hopefully there is zip file that can be flashed to overwrite the ethernet files in the ROM. If I find anything I will be sure to let you know.

Comment

thank so much for bringing my M8s+ back to life!!
                    Strange thing is i can flash it to Openelec tried 6.0.0 and 6.95.1 etc etc no matter what the box will brick someone have any ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by XCH View Post
                      thank so much for bringing my M8s+ back to life!!
                      Strange thing is i can flash it to Openelec tried 6.0.0 and 6.95.1 etc etc no matter what the box will brick someone have any ideas.
                      I found the Openelec OS to flash and work great but the second I turn the box off it would not start up again. I am not sure if it's because they are clone boxes or what the issue is.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesbronson View Post

I found the Openelec OS to flash and work great but the second I turn the box off it would not start up again. I am not sure if it's because they are clone boxes or what the issue is.
                        Could you give me a link for the openelec file you have use to flash.

Comment

Originally posted by XCH View Post

Could you give me a link for the openelec file you have use to flash.
                          XCH Sorry after I had the issue with the box being bricked after shut down I got rid of all files and bookmarks for Openelec. I think I found the link off of a post from this forum though.

Comment

ive been trying to get my m8s unbricked for a bout a week now, and finally registered to get some help
                            ive attached pictures so you know which box it is
                            on the cover it says m8s but when i opened it up it says m8 V8_8
                            i can get it recognised by my windows laptop but it gets stuck on 2% so im assuming im using the wrong image.
                            The thing is i dont even need to hold down the a/v hole with a pin whilst pluging into the power, its automatically in recovery
                            i may also add, ive got no blue light
                            Any help would be hugely appreciated as this is not my box as i am borrowing it =[
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X