Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8S - wakeup from standby problem

Hi guys,

I have really annoying problem with my M8S box. Sometimes (about 30% cases) I'm not able to wake it from a standby mode using the remote control. In case of failure, the blue LED is on, but device doesn't respond and doesn't send a signal to HDMI. Basically, it acts just like it is still in a standby, only the LED is not red anymore. The only way to recover from this state is to plug out / plug in electricity cable to initialize reboot.
    Another problem is that sometimes (it seems random) after reboot, the wireless keyboard (Rii i8 clone) can't be recognized until I do unplug/plug of its USB dongle.
    Can anyone recognize the problem? (pictures of the board are attached)

Thanks
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Maybe an issue with the current firmware? Have you tried another one for your box?

Comment

Yes, I believe that it is firmware/software related. I have not tried to flash the box with another FW, because I don't know how to select the proper image. According to the other posts I can see that new/other FW can cause only new (even worse) problems, and sometimes bricks a box. I asked the seller for some solution or at least to send me the original FW, so he sent me the image for FW which is already on my box, as a backup. It seems like there is no FW update.
      If possible, I prefer some software solution rather than firmware. Besides Kodi, I need few more apps on the box (Chrome, YouTube and Skype), so Openelec is not an option for me.
      Is there a possibility that some software or process installed on the box can create this kind of problem and if so, is there a way to debug it?

Comment

Check out this link..... post #7

Comment

ask your seller for current firmware yes firmware related alternative you can use my app I created called wakeme_scottie posted on freaktab
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Thank you guys for your help!

Mr.Noodle,
            I have downloaded the firmware you suggested and will keep it as a backup. I think it is the same as on my device (20151126), but it's good to have a confirmed image, although I don't plan to flash my device until it has some serious problems.

JustMe,
            Your application is just what I was looking for (i.e. "software solution"). So far it works great and now I can use remote control to standby/wakeup device normally.
            If someone else wants to use this solution, the link to the application can be found on following page:

Thanks again,
            Ivan

Comment

Hello guys. I have a related problem with my p212 board. (S905X). It does not wakeup from sleep via a wireless keyboard. I have access to full AOSP tree. How can I fix that? (I have explained my problem in more detail at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...eup-in-android)

Comment

Working...
              X