OTT M8S+ clone or not and Wakeup problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT M8S+ clone or not and Wakeup problem

Hello to everyone. Newbie needing some info and help.

Bought a OTT M8S+ a few weeks ago. Reading posts got me confused. Am I having a clone or not? Posting some pics for anyone that wants to help.

Main issue for me is that as soon as I power off the box from the remote control, blue light turns off and then never on again with the remote. I have to unplug power and plug back in to bring it to life.

Strange is that I connected it to a TV that has Hdmi CEC and as soon as I chose the hdmi for the box from the remote of the TV, it turned on. Red light never occured to me.

As this is my second box and it is docked to a TV without CEC control, has anyone any idea what the issue with the remote could be or is the remote not the problem?

Using openelec but it didn't work with android either.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Not sure I can help you I have the same box and works perfectly, and as far as I can tell your box is genuine as it has the heatsink on the CPU from what I hear the clones don't have the heatsink

Out of interest where did you get the openelec image for the M8S+? and does it have kodi 16

Comment

Promark thanks. Box works flawlessly except the wake up issue... Hope someone has an idea to that.

Openelec is available at amlinux.ru/image/

6.0.0 works perfect but 6.0.1 doesnt work at all. Still on 15.2 isengard but they are working towards jarvis

Comment

Same box revision, same shit! Btw, openelec 6.95.1 from amlinux works ok as long as you power the device off...

Comment

I have the same box i do notice sometime it wont go to standby (red) mode. if i have cdec enable and shut off the tv via the tv remote panasonic the tv and box shut off . My question is what rom do you have mine is dated 2016 01 15 and android apps like angry bird does not work.

Comment

I have never seen the red light on the box for some reason. With CEC it works but as I said no CEC in the tv I use.

I used the 20151216 and all worked fine except the wake up issue. Isnt yours the one for acemax model?

Inasked the seller of the box to give me the rom he used and it was 20160104 but It doesnt work. I cannot flash it.

Comment

I have seen red light with default (stocked) firmware. After that I succeed to brick it with openelec 6.95.1.1. Now box is alive (thanks to Dia) but I still think u-boot is not the original one, because of that wakeup problem.

Comment

No its not the original one but the one that brings you out of the bricked state.

Comment

dia that box is not m8+ it is m8s or m8
                  Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

JustMe thanks. But how can someone distinguish if it is m8s+ or not and if clone or not? I for example bought (or at least I think I did) an original m8s+ ( see photos)
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

Working...
                    X