Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked M8S attempting to install OpenELEC

Hi all,

I attempted to install OpenELEC on my M8S earlier today which has resulted in a brick.

After a bit of digging I'm now aware that my box is in fact a clone, but I'm struggling to find the correct firmware in order to bring it back to life.

Ideally I'd like to unbrick the box and install OpenELEC, but I'm not sure if that is even a possibility given my box's hardware.

I've attached an image of the settings pre-brick and an image of the board, below are some of the key details.

BUILD: M8S.AP6330.201509251800 (noted pre-brick)
    BOARD: M8 V8_6 20150820
    WIFI: AP6330 T30F9002 1538

If anyone can help or give me a nudge in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Hi,theres some info over here for unbricking http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...video-tutorial
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
      Hi,theres some info over here for unbricking http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...video-tutorial

Hi blinkone,

Thanks for the link, I gave the toothpick method a go earlier today but unfortunately it didn't seem to work.

However, going back to that link I've noticed that an SD card was used, whereas I used a USB memory stick - do you know if this is a strict requirement?

I do have an old SD card lying around but would have to pick up an adapter in order to give it a go.

Thanks!

Comment

However, going back to that link I've noticed that an SD card was used, whereas I used a USB memory stick - do you know if this is a strict requirement?
        Iv used both in the past (But not on that box) USB or an sd card should work but best to try a fat32 fresh formatted SD card
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I've managed to give it a go with a freshly formatted SD card, also no dice. Looks like I might have to give the second method a go if possible.

Comment

Working...
          X