Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8S+ openelec help please

Can someone please help me i have a OTT M8S+ clone
    Ive been trying for weeks to get a stable build of openelec on this box and can not get right with one either wifi works or it do-sent remote works or it do-sent or tonight Ethernet works or it do-sent
    Cant seem to get everything all working on one build accept the OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-6.95.1.1-update.zip
    But then offcourse once i unplug box it wont power back up Blue light stays on then i have to unbrick it ive read and read till my eyes hurt and just about to throw in the towel

Oh and its a OTT

Comment

Originally posted by lakesr View Post
      Can someone please help me i have a OTT M8S+ clone
      Ive been trying for weeks to get a stable build of openelec on this box and can not get right with one either wifi works or it do-sent remote works or it do-sent or tonight Ethernet works or it do-sent
      Cant seem to get everything all working on one build accept the OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-6.95.1.1-update.zip
      But then offcourse once i unplug box it wont power back up Blue light stays on then i have to unbrick it ive read and read till my eyes hurt and just about to throw in the towel
      1. First of all - is Your box power plug must be reconnected to boot properly?
      2. Give us photo of the device PCB.

Comment

Thanks so much for responding and your help here's some pictures I just took I'm actually messing with it all right now
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Thanks so much for responding and your help here's some pictures I just took I'm actually messing with it all right now
              so... what's Your problem? I don't get it. Please explain it better.

Comment

Okay so basically what I've got is 7 of these boxes they came stock with 4.4 KitKat which I did not like I updated to 5.1 lollipop but then the remote didn't work any longer then I updated remote file and the remote would work to power off the box but not power the box back on so then I discovered openelec it seems when I have it running on these boxes amazing the problem is is whenever I upload doesn't matter which openelec file for my box I can't get one that works everything meaning Wireless ethernet and remote don't really care about what version of Kodi just want all three of those things working together every time I think I've got it it's missing one of these things working the most recent one I tried 6.5 .11 I believe it worked great but then when I shut off the Box it wouldn't cut back on so I had to toothpick method to restore the box back that's not a problem anymore I have an SD card ready to pop in to restore a bricked box my problem is I can't seem to find an openelec version like I said that will work with all three.

Comment

I read on another post where you said the latest Bild Kodi 16.1 rc3 was working stable for you I just tried all six of those files off of that link that you provided and again everything seems to be working but my remotes not

Comment

heres a pic of it
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Okay so basically what I've got is 7 of these boxes they came stock with 4.4 KitKat which I did not like I updated to 5.1 lollipop but then the remote didn't work any longer then I updated remote file and the remote would work to power off the box but not power the box back on so then I discovered openelec it seems when I have it running on these boxes amazing the problem is is whenever I upload doesn't matter which openelec file for my box I can't get one that works everything meaning Wireless ethernet and remote don't really care about what version of Kodi just want all three of those things working together every time I think I've got it it's missing one of these things working the most recent one I tried 6.5 .11 I believe it worked great but then when I shut off the Box it wouldn't cut back on so I had to toothpick method to restore the box back that's not a problem anymore I have an SD card ready to pop in to restore a bricked box my problem is I can't seem to find an openelec version like I said that will work with all three.
                      Ok. Check this link:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...e-patcher-zips

In this thread you have a lot configs for remote controls. You can update it via toothpick method (this will update only one file in your OpenELEC installation). I don't have Your box, but personally I think, that You need to update cyx-m10-bcm4335-8g2g remote package to get remote control working. If not - try one after another... Maybe someone will work.
                      Or You can copy file from downloaded patcher (remote.conf) to Configfiles (via Samba) or /storage/.config via WinSCP and reboot device.

BTW. Personally I trashed my remote control - there is "Yatse, the Kodi / XBMC Remote" on Google Play and for me this is much better than any remote control.

Comment

Your right thats is the file ive been using to get remote back working how would i install that with openlec do i install openlec then remote file then boot? or install openlec toothpick boot then toothpick install remote then reboot?

Comment

what version of openlec do you recomend with my M8s+?

Comment

Your right thats is the file ive been using to get remote back working how would i install that with openlec do i install openlec then remote file then boot? or install openlec toothpick boot then toothpick install remote then reboot?
                            I think, that there is no difference between this two options. The only thing You should know is to apply patch after OpenELEC installation. That's all.

what version of openlec do you recomend with my M8s+?
                            This one: http://amlinux.ru/image/6.95.1/OpenE...s-6.95.1.1.zip
                            There are some crashes, but this version if fully acceptable for daily use. If You have one already there is no need to flash OpenELEC image once more.

Greetings from Poland.

Comment

when u say apply remote patch do u mean after in installs do toothpick method again and install the remote zip? then after reboot everything should be good?

Comment

Working...
                              X