Another bricked M8S+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another bricked M8S+

Hi guys, i bricked my M8S+ trying to install Openelec and now i can't seem to get a stock firmware to install now either.

I've attached a couple of PCB images to see if anyone can identify which one i have so i can try and find the correct firmware...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17387.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	582717

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17388.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	582718

Would using the wrong firmware come up with an error or would it just not install? i can get it to boot and start trying to install the firmware sometimes (using Bootcard Maker program) then it says "erasing" and usually reboots then doesn't seem to anything at all after that, the light is on but no picture at all.

Any advice would be great!
    Save
    Last edited by Rofl Harris; 07-02-2016, 14:01.

Update....

I tried installing through USB bruning tool again, took ages to find an img file that would let me install it 100%, when i managed it i plugged it in and the blue light came on but got no picture again, left it for half an hour juts to see if it was taking ages on the first boot but nothing.... have also tried lots of firmwares through the SD method, i can't even get it to boot into recovery to install/reinstall.

This is getting a bit annoying now! i'm pretty sure i'm doing everything properly, could my system just be goosed?

Comment

Im not sure if this helps or not... but do not give up on SDCard method! I got my bricked M8S+ to boot after realizing the firmware files given to me did not have a recovery.img file. Check to see if your firmware files contain recovery.img. I do not think you can SDCard boot without it.

Also I want to let you know I have a weird issue with my remote for my M8S+ and I am trying to determine if its because I picked a bad(?) recovery.img!

Comment

Working...
      X