Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to connect to M8S+ with adb tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how to connect to M8S+ with adb tool?

I am trying to get access to my tv box so I can run shell commands and view system logs etc (to troubleshoot why ethernet is not working).

I am not sure how to get adb to recognize my TV box.

Some questions:
    -When I use a Male<->Male USB cable and connect my M8S+ to my Windows 7 PC, Windows does not show any indication that anything was plugged into the USB port. Is it suppose to? From reading about adb online, it seems the Device Manager should show something being connected whether or not I have the proper device driver.

The only way I can get windows to recognize the device is by doing the following trick:
    -Keeping Toothpick in AV Port held down, then plug the ac power adapter into box followed by immediately plugging USB cable into OTG port. It sometimes takes a few tries as the timing of this is very important, but Windows then recognizes the device (I am pretty sure it recognizes as "Worldcup" or something weird like that).

Even when I have the device recognized, I try both commands on my Windows PC:

"adb shell"

and

"adb devices"

The adb shell command gives an error about no devices found. And the adb devices outputs an empty list.

Yes I have enabled "Developer Mode", and I enabled USB debugging on my M8S+ already!

Anyone have some tips?

Well I connected using TCP over WIFI.....This eliminates the USB port issue....

Just to let other people also know....I will try to explain it all...

Using a Terminal emulator in your M8S, you can download it from Google Play...I used "Terminal Emulator"....worked fine;

On M8S Run Terminal Emulator;

>su
    >setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555
    >stop adbd
    >start adbd

Now go to the M8S Settings and make sure you write down its IP Address;

Settings
    About Mediabox
    Status... Note the IP

Turn on Debug Mode on your M8S...

If the the "{ } Developer Option" is not shown in Settings...Then go to...

Settings
    System
    About MediaBox
    Build Number....Click 7 times over "Build Number" to ensure the "{ } Developer Option" is activated on the Settings menu under the System...

To enter Debug Mode....

Settings
    Sysytem
    Developer Options
    Debugging
    USB Debugging...make sure it is check in the checkbox...

On Windows PC run as Administrator the Terminal Emulator and under Android SDK...Platform-Tools... ADB...You must specify it to run as Admin and under the directory adb.exe is located using right click...if not then you must enter the full directory at the terminal emulator prompt >CD C:\Users\USERNAME\......SDK...\Platform-tools...in this way the terminal emulator will execute the adb commands correctly....If you do not specify the exact Directory then the Terminal Emulator will look ADB.EXE in its default directory which shall be C:\Windows\System32\....and ADB is not there unless you installed there....

>adb connect M8SIP:5555 where M8SIP is your M8S IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx connected to the open port :5555...

Now you can use adb devices,,,to see if you are connected or not...I used adb backup and did a backup..but the backup.ad file created was so small that I am sure it is not real. The M8S may be locked.....I need to know if mine is locked....

>adb devices

response
    >List of device>
    >XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:5555....which corresponds to your M8S IP address and port....or the other devices connected with open Debug modes.....
    ?

I hope it helps....

Comment

I forgot to mention that once adb.exe tries to connect to you M8S...the M8S will ask for you permission....

Comment

I have see other Android devices including tv boxes that uses an option not existence in the M8S, even when they have same OS. They usually display an USB option in the devices, under the Settings. With this option, you can connect the device to your PC, then go to this USB option and hit what they call Connect to PC...This option automatically awakes the USB port and make it available to be discovered by the PC. The M8 shall have this option embedded, we just nee to find a way to display it...In the same way we display the Developer Options...Recently I have other things, I activated the microphone option and the Camera options to use my M8S with Tango using a USB Camera and the MIC included in my air mouse....It seems that unless you have a device driver that enable the USB this is kept completely off. Well the experiment with the TANGO went no so good,,,the Camera got some conflict and the TANGO people response was that they will look in to that problem. No answers has been received yet. Even when the Camera had some conflicts and flickering, coming and going...Tango worked and in some calls it worked like a charm with video and audio. The Microphone worked great, once activated, it worked with every applications, Google Voice, and others.

Comment

I also cannot connect with usb cable. I don't understand why, but i need this methot not the wifi one.
          Any idea?

Comment

deleted
            Last edited by alfy; 03-17-2018, 07:22.

Comment

Working...
            X