M8S+ won't turn on at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8S+ won't turn on at all

I got an M8S+ from **** (picture of board attached). I flashed Openelec to it and it worked, but when I turned the box off, it won't turn back on. When I plug in the power cord, the blue light on the front just flashes and then goes out so it won't turn on at all. I've tried the toothpick method to boot into recovery, but no matter what I do, the box won't turn on. is there anything that I can do to get the box back up and running, even if it's with the stock image? I am a bit desperate here.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Check the power supply with a multimeter. If possible substitute the power supply with a suitable spare.
    Make sure specs on the substitute power supply match the original(Volts the same, Amps>/=)and that the tip polarity is the same.

Comment

I saw something about people having similar issues and they were able to fix it by shorting pins? Will doing that help turn it on, or does it have to already be on to short the pins?

Comment

I have the exact same board (starting to think this box is prone to this issue) and did the exact same thing. Have you found a solution?
        If not I can help out but I only have a 5.1 ROM which means you will lose ethernet (WiFi still works), your remote wont work (I have a zip patch that gets the main buttons working) and when you turn the box off you will need to unplug it and plug it back in to turn on again. BUT at least the box will be working again.

Comment

I could not get it to work so I contacted the seller and he said to send it back and he'd send me a replacement so that's what I did. Guess I'll just leave it "as is" and not try to put a different OS or image on it.

Comment

Working...
          X