Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricked new OTT TV Box M8SPlus/M8S+ (M9&M8_8Bit_V1.1 / S812-20160116-V1.2) 2Gb/16Gb

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bricked new OTT TV Box M8SPlus/M8S+ (M9&M8_8Bit_V1.1 / S812-20160116-V1.2) 2Gb/16Gb

    Ok so I have been through every thread on this forum and the entire internet, downloaded every single piece of firmware I could find, and still no luck... Driving me mad!! >

    I bought this 2 weeks ago, came with Android 5.1.1 and a recent Kodi install , and my friend suggested I put openelec on it. I first, tried to update it via the standard updating method from the Bootloader, and it simply bricked it instantly - I put the power in and blue light just flicks on for a moment and turns off.

    I have tried the SD card and toothpick method and this doesn't do anything.

    I have tried the USB burning method with about 4 different bin files I found here. The device seems to connect and start to write, but ALL of them have problems at 2% or just after... and the errors just keep going round and round...

    I've been trying for several days now, and I'm not a noob... This reminds me of 90s computing and I don't like it.

    I'd rather not have to mess around returning the board as the waiting time and redelivery cost is hardly worth it..

    Can anyone please suggest which specific .bin file might work on this system? Also, can anyone explain why I can't do the SD card method? I've held the reset button for well over 30 seconds on power up, the blue light comes on, but it never starts doing anything...

    Help, please!!

    Thanks.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_18618.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	332.3 KB
ID:	592928

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_18619.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	592929

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_18622.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	592933
    Attached Files

    #2
    Having trouble attaching the full size circuit board picture...

    Comment


      #3
      I have same mobo and mine is bricked too

      Comment


        #4
        Do you still need the firmware ? I got the working firmware for our devices so i unbricked mine.Just answer if you need it

        Comment


          #5
          hi, i have ott box m8s brick. the pcb is s812-20160116 m9&m8_8bit_v1.1 but e dont find firmware. i try more firmware but no unbrick it. i try with sd or usb tolll but block to 2%. can you send me your firmware?

          Comment


            #6
            hi, i have the same pcb s812-20160116-v1.2 with 2gb/8gb anyone have a firmware with android 5.1 to suggest to me. thanks

            Comment


              #7
              You can both try this: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj22POX1c5uCpE9JqRcVwkOnKr_U Flash am_upgrade with USB to USB cable with the burner tool.But maybe your remote isnt working you need your remote.conf.That firmware is 100% working with this box and remote 2GB/16GB https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01GQ37QOW/...eywords=QcoQce
              Hope it works

              Comment


                #8
                The pictures above represent exactly the same MOBO I have lets try this tonite!! thank you Kil1mple for providing the share link I know there is a lot of people looking for this

                Comment


                  #9
                  kil1mple Kuddos to you! Tonight Im just estatic. So this is how it went down. I got off work, drove by the nearest BestBuy and tried to get myself a male to male USB cable, they were running in the $30 dollar range, decided not to get it improvise and see were it went. Got home 2 pairs of little light brown eyes awaited my arrival for I messed "Their" box (my kids use it to watch Netflix, Hulu Youtube kids, Kodi, etc etc they've been w/o a box for 3 days now) so I sat down gabbed a cup of joe and started making my own USB cable, When finished, sighted and fired the USB Burn tool, loaded your firmware and prayed my makeshift cable worked, IT DID it imediately recognized the box, downloaded the proper drivers automatically and self installed them. One more payer and hit the start button I saw to my amazement the blue or green, cant remember, status bar at 1% then 3% then 10% kept my fingers crossed, it was loading. not crying victory yet I impatiently waited until it was done and status bar said Completed 100%, hit the stop button unplugged everything and hooked my hdmi cable voila!! MBOX welcome screen on my TV....so far so good, waited about 5 min on the first boot and behold! the main screen to my OTT TV BOX I made it EUREKA my kids were jumping I was like (thank you Jesus) in all I want to thank you so much for this and for anyone that reads this post its working 100% connecting to my 5G network and best of all with 5.1.1 lollipop Android (before it had 4.4.1 Kitkat this was a bonus because thats why I bricked in the first place

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Oh I forgot even the remote control is working, So to anyone that bricked like me his firmware works flawlessly just check you PCB serial if it matches (and I know there is a lot of people with the same issue) this one just did it.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by kil1mple View Post
                      You can both try this: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj22POX1c5uCpE9JqRcVwkOnKr_U Flash am_upgrade with USB to USB cable with the burner tool.But maybe your remote isnt working you need your remote.conf.That firmware is 100% working with this box and remote 2GB/16GB https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01GQ37QOW/...eywords=QcoQce
                      Hope it works
                      Where the hell did you find that piece of firmware? I have been looking for weeks nothing close even my seller on amazon said they did not have it. But thanks you saved my box too..............................

                      Comment


                        #12
                        one small problem hopefully easy to fix the light on the front is red instead of blue...................anyone know how to change the light color back to blue or what file to edit to accomplish this?


                        Comment


                          #13
                          I got the Firmware from the chinese seller.My light is blue dont know why yours is red.I can look into the system files

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by olmedomiro View Post
                            kil1mple Kuddos to you! Tonight Im just estatic. So this is how it went down. I got off work, drove by the nearest BestBuy and tried to get myself a male to male USB cable, they were running in the $30 dollar range, decided not to get it improvise and see were it went. Got home 2 pairs of little light brown eyes awaited my arrival for I messed "Their" box (my kids use it to watch Netflix, Hulu Youtube kids, Kodi, etc etc they've been w/o a box for 3 days now) so I sat down gabbed a cup of joe and started making my own USB cable, When finished, sighted and fired the USB Burn tool, loaded your firmware and prayed my makeshift cable worked, IT DID it imediately recognized the box, downloaded the proper drivers automatically and self installed them. One more payer and hit the start button I saw to my amazement the blue or green, cant remember, status bar at 1% then 3% then 10% kept my fingers crossed, it was loading. not crying victory yet I impatiently waited until it was done and status bar said Completed 100%, hit the stop button unplugged everything and hooked my hdmi cable voila!! MBOX welcome screen on my TV....so far so good, waited about 5 min on the first boot and behold! the main screen to my OTT TV BOX I made it EUREKA my kids were jumping I was like (thank you Jesus) in all I want to thank you so much for this and for anyone that reads this post its working 100% connecting to my 5G network and best of all with 5.1.1 lollipop Android (before it had 4.4.1 Kitkat this was a bonus because thats why I bricked in the first place
                            Very nice that your remote is working too.This is how my remote looks.



                            I hope more boxes can be fixed now

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by e1070 View Post
                              hi, i have ott box m8s brick. the pcb is s812-20160116 m9&m8_8bit_v1.1 but e dont find firmware. i try more firmware but no unbrick it. i try with sd or usb tolll but block to 2%. can you send me your firmware?
                              thank you!

                              finally unbricked my device, been trying for days, only problem is some buttoms on my remote are not working

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X