Can you connect with ADB?? Ott M8s 812 bcm4335 version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a OTT M8s+ too.
    To boot into recovery, you just need to copy the proper "recovery.img" to the root of your sdcard and than use the "toothpick method"
    Important: Unplug OTG cables if any, otherwise it won't boot from Sdcard.
    Wrong file or wrong named file and the device won't boot into recovery.
    No need to tinker with "bootcard maker" (which never worked for me), or uboot.bin files.
    Tried it with different devices (Minix X8/Ott M8) and it always worked, but it needs the correct recovery!
    If your device is rooted, open a terminal and execute
    Code:
    ls -l -R dev/block
    which shows you all partitions and you will see if the device has a recovery or not. (I hardly doubt, that it has no recovery, but i may be wrong...)

Comment

I will need to try this. The only cables I had connected were optical audio, hdmi. The box is rooted so I will see what that comes back with as well. Thanks. I will reply later with results.

Comment

Not that I know what it says but I ran the command and it does show a dev/block/recovery. But won't boot to recovery? Is that what I was looking for? The command also errors out as open dir failed permission denied for "dev/block/vold:" ?

Comment

Tried unplugging audio, network, had no USB plugged in. Only hdmi and sd card, held in AV button and never started into recovery, only title screen?!?

Comment

Working...
          X