Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why upgrade firmware if previous version works well for me? M8S acemax.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why upgrade firmware if previous version works well for me? M8S acemax.

Perhaps a dumb question.

I have an M8S (S812) from acemax running an older firmware with android 4.4.2 and Kodi 15.X. This works well for me since the box is used maybe once a week to watch a movie.

Why upgrade to current firmware with 5.1 android? What do I gain from it? Thanks.

The rule of thumb is not to update firmware on any computer/electronic device, unless you have a need for a new feature, or to fix a bug you experience with your device. Firmware updates can possibly introduce new bugs too. If it aint broke, dont try and fix it!

If you are happy with your box, do not update the firmware.

PS: You do not need new firmware to update Kodi I personally would update Kodi. BUT... if you are happy with 15.x then keep on being happy the way it is

Comment

I agree with Morty... newer versions of Android amongst other things seem to progressively run more crap in the background which just uses up more memory and can cause buggy performance in some cases... so unless you actually need something that runs under a newer Android i'd just leave things alone... Kodi tho is best kept up to date as the newer versions usually run better and at times the plugins you want to use drop support for older Kodi versions... You should be running Kodi Jarvis 16.1 as its the best you'll find for a Android box at this point in time.

Comment

hi, you can keep the older version, thanks

Comment

Working...
        X