Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do all firmwares work on all boxes (MBX - M8S+) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do all firmwares work on all boxes (MBX - M8S+) ?

Sorry for the vague and basic question but I am trying to fix an issue with a box my friend has just bought and I know nothing about these things and so am a bit confused even about what I actually have in my hand.

I have an M8S+ with the following info -

Android 5.1.1
    Firmware - M8s+ userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 20160319 tst-keys
    Kernel - 3.10.33.

I have included a pic of the box it came in and both sides of the internal board in the hope someone can help me understand whats going on.

The problem I am experiencing is that the remote control is not working. The box appears to be doing everything else it is supposed although it does appear to reset itself sometimes and loose its wifi settings, but perhaps I'm not saving those correctly.

I found a firmware update which suggests to me that its a later version as the filename is m8s+-ota-20160409.zip (http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...l#comment-5208)

However the Build number is MBX/KII/KII:5.1.1/LMY47V/20160409:userdebug/test-keys so I am wondering if the MBX in the build number means I cant use it with my M8S+ as the filename suggests ?

Am I over simplyfying this ?

I am worried that I might "brickt" the box if I try to upgrade to the wrong firmware.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Cheers, George.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

you can make upgrading on it with this sw
    but in fact, you can try the m8s+ 0623 sw , you can get it from
    X96S X96 MAX TX5 MAX ACEMAX M12N K1 PLUS S2 T2 KIII KII M8S+ IPTV 18 PRO,M8, M8N M8S M12 M10 Upgrading Software Download

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply.
      Does this mean its a legitimate M8S+ and not a cheap clone ?
      I will do the update tomorrow.
      Cheers, George.

Comment

Working...
      X