Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help! Can't find correct info!

Hi everyone,

i believe i might have bricked my box accidentally when trying to upgrade to Lollipop. Now all i get is a red light on the front and nothing happens.

Device: OTT M8S
    Board: CS_812M8_V1.3 - 20150921
    What happened: I tried to flash Lollipop by using SD card + toothpick method. While i was pressing the reset button, it may have slipped off while i was plugging in the power cord. It never went into recovery mode and never loaded again.

I need to get some clear and concise details as to how (if possible) get this device working again. I have tried the USB Burning tool and it does appear to be detected without having to short pins on the board. I get a "Connect Success" message. I have tried other img files but it gets stuck at 2% then starts over again. I am not sure if this is because its the wrong file or something else.

Also, i currently just have it plugged in with the USB cable, no power cable. Should i be connecting power?

So in essence: can this be fixed? What rom img should i be using? what is the correct method to achieve this?

Please help!
    thanks!!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Hi OverRyde ,

of course you must use the Power too , firs press Toothpick then connect USB and then Power ,

if the Tool shows the Connected press Start and wait till finish.

Best is you use the Stockrom for flashing back to Life.

good luck

gefattern

Comment

thanks for the answer, but something isnt right. Whenever i plug in the USB cord, the device gets power right away and burning tool shows "connect success".

I did find a rom that appears to burn succesfully but it just keeps going on and on burning several times. Not sure what is happening.

Furthermore, if i try to just use the power cable and toothpick method, nothing happens at all, no recovery, no error, nothing. Just a solid red light on the device.

Comment

I have found that I can run an S912 box from just a USB port connected to my PC so it may be possible with yours too.

When using the burning tool, select the options to do a full forced erase rather than the normal and also the option to reset after success.

I've never seen the tool burning several times, so that does seem odd.

What version of the tool are you using?
        ​​​​​​​
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Yes it is very odd indeed!

Still no go, tried full erase and reset but it just keep going and going! see attached
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Other than selecting Force Erase All and Reset After Success, did you change any other options, for instance, Erase bootloader?

Comment

Yes, the very first few times "erase bootloader" was selected by default and "normal erase" was selected.

Comment

Not owning this box, I cannot know what is going wrong. You may have to resort to using MASKROM to restore your device. Hopefully MASKROM won't be required.

All of my suggestions assume you have the correct firmware for your device.
                Have a look here. Note: I have not used that method.

Keep in mind when flashing, no SD card can be inserted when using the USB Burning Tool, nor should any USB connected storage be attached to the box. In fact, removing all USB accessories from the TV box when flashing, probably not a bad idea, specially if powered solely by the TV box's USB OTG port(500mA limit on most USB 2.0 ports). Also, if power saving is set on your PC's USB ports, turn that feature off, use primary USB ports(mounted to PC's motherboard) on your PC.

Otherwise, the following image shows the settings I use to flash every AML box I own(S805, S905, S905x, S912). Erase bootloader is always set by default, as far as I can recall. I never alter the default settings, except to set Force Erase All, which I do every time and in every case. Occasionally, and based on whether the box is being powered via USB OTG, or has external power supplied when flashing, I might set "Reset after success". As far as I can tell, that setting simply causes the box to reboot after a successful flash.

I know this stuff can get frustrating and I hope you get it worked out. Others here have infinitely more knowledge on these matters than I, unfortunately, I don't know what else to try.
                Good luck. Click image for larger version  Name:	USB-Burn-Tool-Settings.PNG Views:	1 Size:	12.5 KB ID:	638447

Comment

The other method to try is with the Burn Card Maker (never tried BootCardmaker before myself).

I have some instructions over at this thread (Post 1304), so worth trying everything.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/others-aml-s912/firmware-roms-tools-by/611261-rom-beelink-gt1-alfawise-s92-superceleron-v8c-rom/page33
                  R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
                  X