Strange issue with M8S+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange issue with M8S+

I am having this strange issue with an M8S+ box. It's of a friend of mine and he gave it to me to have a look since it was stuck at the boot screen. I tried flashing ROMS via USB Burning Tool but flashing kept stopping at 2% .... then not even the blue light would come on.

So I tried flashing via toothpick method using the AMLogic Bootmaker. ROM flashed successfully, blue light on normally and everything working. However, when you remove the SD Card and reboot, the box will be completely dead again, no Blue light and no signal to TV. With SD Card and reset buton, box works again.

Any ideas as this has been driving me up the wall. Thanks!

Sounds like for some reason your installing to the SD card and not the internal flash... or maybe the label for the flash partiton is not whats expected so it needs the sd card inserted for the firmware to meet that requirement... its hard to say without more info and with so many clones of the M8S line its hard to say...

Comment

the M8S seems original. eventually I got it back to life sort of ... blue light comes on but constant bootloop. I have a suspicion it might be a faulty NAND chip.

Comment

Working...
      X