X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help - Blue LED, No Signal HDMI after Update

Hey

I have a "4K Quad Core S812 M8S BCM4335"

It was Android version 4.4.2, I updated to 5.1 from a firmware on entertainmentbox.com.

Everything seemed to work fine, it updated, ran a mini set up, (wifi wasnt working but not important now) and was running fine.

I turned it off. Came back, plugged it back in, and nothing. Wouldnt even load the logo or anything. Blue screen on the TV downstairs, and "No signal" on the one upstairs. Different HDMI cables tested, different tv's, changed source and back again.

Tried a few other Firmwares including an old 4.2 one, but nothing gets it back to the logo screen, always just blank.

Left it for a couple hours on, nothing....

All out of ideas...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi sylo ,

sounds bad , i heard that some of this Boxes can be started without Power supply instead you have to

use a A to A USB Cable and a PC , but i am not sure .

Is the Power supply still working ??? Did you test that ???

hope you can get it fixed , but maybe it is time to buy a new one with better support .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Once you get blue light means power to device so try once blue screen unplug hdmi plug back in or leave off till unit boots then pkug in. Then try Tv shut off plug in boot box until blue light wait few minutes then turn tv on.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hey

So Im trying to sort it out with USB Burning tool, but the images I have keep getting stuck at 6% with error "UBOOT/Partition boot/Initialize partition/Error result"

Any one have any ideas?

Other errors include:
        [0x30403003]UBOOT/Partition meson/Download buffer/Data tranfer error
        and
        [0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error
        Last edited by sylo; 04-09-2017, 17:52.

Comment

I did the exact same thing, except my wifi was working. Then I dragged the top bar down and clicked the settings icon, and the screen went black. I have emailed the mfg and and waiting for a reply. My PCB says M8 V8_9 20151031 with four no name DDR3 chips.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170408_000933.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	640713Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170408_001113.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	640710Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170408_001016.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	640711Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170408_002034.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	640712

Comment

let me know if you hear from them

Comment

Originally posted by sylo
              let me know if you hear from them
              Hey Sylo,
              I have a similar box and have lost the partitions it seems so none of the usual recovery methods work due to not being able to mount any partitions.
              If your box is still alive enough for usb burning tool, have you tried a "repair" in TWRP?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X