Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT M8S N200C Device Blue Led Off and No Signal

Hi,

I was trying to upgrade the box firmware to 5.1 with a SD Card. The method I used was to select the file from the System Update available in the android box. When the box rebooted it was showing a progress bar saying installing update and it took like about 5 minutes to finish the loading bar. When it finally reaches to the end the box shutdown with the LED light still in solid blue but there was no Signal on the TV.

I have waited like about 15 minutes but there was no change on the behavior of the LED nor the TV so I proceeded to reset the power source from the box. Usually the box powers on automatically, however this time it did not and there was no signal as well. I tried to power it on from the remote control but it did not respond and then began an extensive research on how to power it on by create contact on some pins. I was able to make the LED solid blue however the device was not responding at all. Also i used a male to male usb cable to connect to my pc and install the USB Burning Tool but it was not recognizing my device.

Any thoughts on how can i unbrick my android box?

Hi godsuky ,

i now really think this Boxes can not handle a higher Rom then 4.4.2 , many other Users with

this kind of Box have this Problems , hope you will find a fix to use it again , good luck .

Maybe you can find here some usefull Info :

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...s-firmware-5-1

gefattern
    Last edited by gefattern; 04-17-2017, 20:25. Reason: corrections

Comment

According to the link you posted It might look like the firmware used is not complete or has missing drivers if the wifi and BT arent working. But in my case I did not used that firmware as it was not for my device. I am uploading the firmware I used for the N200C devices. I dont think it is a firmware issue on my end, as the box is not even turning on, so not sure if is something related to the BIOS ROM that got messed specifically on the power settings.

FileFactory is the best place to upload and share files with no limits since 2005. Send and receive any type of file up to a massive 5GB with unlimited file bandwidth.

or

Comment

I did manage to upgrade an M8S successfully from 4.4.2 to 5.1 using the following method:

Comment

Working...
        X