Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M8s+ TV box keeps freezing - please help me find a stable rom.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8s+ TV box keeps freezing - please help me find a stable rom.

Hello guys,

My M8s+ tv box keeps driving me crazy. I have tried several different Roms but I cant find one that does not freeze. What happens is that as the box is working normally it suddenly freezes and I have to unplug the power cord and pray that it will start normally. Often after freezing even if I unplug the power cable and plug it again it will freeze on the Android loading screen and I have to reset it using a pin. Then the process repeats. This happens at least once a week. I`ve read some forums that the problem is caused by overheating but I dont have such observations. The tv box does not get really hot so the problem is elsewhere. I have also tried changing the power source but the result is the same.

Can you help me find a Rom?

Thanks
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Hello and Welcome to Freaktab!

Please try this Firmware, it should Work okay.

For the Update, it has to be done by SD Card Method.

Regards
    Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      Hello and Welcome to Freaktab!

Please try this Firmware, it should Work okay.

For the Update, it has to be done by SD Card Method.

Regards
      Neomode

Hi Neomode,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

So I should download the rom and put it the SD card, then go to Recovery and select Install , and flash the file which is located in the SD card?

Comment

Yes right that´s the Way to do it :-)

Neomode

Comment

Thanks, I`m on it

Comment

Good, i am on Standby.

Neomode

Comment

Installation was successful. I will report back in about 10 days

Comment

I am Glad that it Works!
                Have a good Day.

Neomode

Comment

Hi, a very strange thing happened today. I started the TV box and as it was loading with the Android logo and before the main screen a black window poped up, saying: "To load Android please enter your password". I had no idea what password it was asking for but assumed I should enter the one for my google account. After that I received a message" Your password was correct but your data was corrupt. You must reset this device" or something in this context. So after I hit reset everything was erased and I have to set it up again now. But I am more worried why this happened in the first place? Was it a virus? Or a hack? I have no idea. Hopefully it is not what I am thinking...

Comment

Hi, to report back - the Rom did not fix the problem. Since I installed it I had to reset the TV box twice. At least that still makes it usable for now, but it is very annoying to have to set it up all over again. Maybe I am not doing the installation right, because after the reset and on the first run there are lots of applications that I do not use and have to uninstall manually - e.g. Crackle , FilmOn Live TV, Mobdro, Netflix, PakTV, those maybe a part of an old installation. I am not sure..

Comment

Can you open your M8S+ box? Maybe the unit was overheating? I have same model and the clip that held down my heat sink was damage and causing my tv box to freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by AbeATV View Post
                        Can you open your M8S+ box? Maybe the unit was overheating? I have same model and the clip that held down my heat sink was damage and causing my tv box to freeze.
                        I have not opened it but I can try. What should I look for and how to fix it?

Comment

You should look at your heat sink. See if the part is held down properly to the motherboard.

Comment

Working...
                          X