Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8S+

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me understand or tell me which board i have? its meant to be an m8s+ and when i have downloaded the newest firmware and flashed it it has bricked my device, i get the blue light when i power on at the front of the box but dont get anything else, i have tried the latest usb burner but doesn't detect on my laptop, i am using windows 10 ( could maybe be my cable? ) but last time i used it it was working. I need to mention also when i went to flash my box it kept saying something along it wasn't a m8s+ and was a m201 or something and then im pretty sure i tried with another firmware and it said it was a m200? has anyone had these issues before? and can anyone help me unbrick it, tried countless times with the sd card method with toothpick? any help would be much appreciated!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

• S905: p200 and p201
    • S905X: p212
    • S905D: p230
    • S802: k200b
    • S805: m201 and m200
    • S812: n200
    source: stan blog
    m201 or m200 are reference boards

questions
    What wifi chipset ? What files/fw have you tried allready?

* why did you post this in the s812 section? If you have a s805? Or did you flash the wrong fw for your cpu?
    Last edited by mitchell4you; 06-20-2017, 22:09.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mitchell, will get back to you in the morning with the answers, for firmwares tried loads, but kept coming up with that this isn't an m8s+ message!

Comment

Hi Mitchell,

I was unsure on which board / firmware i have? s812 was just a guess, ive took a few more pictures not sure were to find the wifi chip?.....think i have flashed the wrong firmware as its not bricked and i only get the blue light, not really sure what the next steps are or what firmware i need or how to unbrick it
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Still no joy, bought a new cable but didnt make a difference.........im guessing no one knows how to unbrick it...

Comment

The wifi chip..is the green block
            Libreelec can boot from sdcard...just try and see what boots
            or perhaps: amlogic boot card maker

just some thoughts..

Comment

Well after days of messing around with it still no closer to unbricking it, windows wont detect he usb burn tool and the magic sd card maker and reset button method wont work either, tried a bunch of different firmwares and still no closer to unbricking it, any android guru's out there give me a hand? i even tried some s812 firmwares, the fact of the matter is a dont even no which firmware i need, the bricked happened when i flashed the wrong firmware to it and now i just have a solid blue light at the front......when i was messing about with it when it was working it said something about m201-m200 so im presuming it is the s805 chip....anyone help me out?

Comment

Realistically, more clearly detailed photos will be required in order to be able read all the board and chip markings across the whole surface.

Then it is often easier to identify what it is and what firmware is likely to be correct.

You may end up having to short some pins on a chip but identification is first priority.
                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi Blues,

thanks for the reply how detailed do the pictures need to be and were would i be looking for the chip markings

Comment

Detailed enough to be able to clearly read every letter, number and marking.

The black oblong/square things tend to be chips, memory, storae etc, so take pictures that show everything in crystal clear detail.

Comment

These any better? http://imgur.com/a/IIWqp

Comment

Much better, although I confess not being able to read every marking, so if you do have more in the camera tank then ....

Comment

Comment

That will probably be enough for folk to see and try to identify.

Comment

I'm gonna bin it soon, its wasted to much of my time trying to fix it, tried all sorts but nothing seems to be working and no1 seems to know what kind of fake/clone it is lol

Comment

Working...
                              X