Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with Remote Upgraded Amlogic S812 M8S with Android 5.1

Hi Folks,

I have successfully flashed this Firmware into my Amlogic S812 M8S TV Box (Wifi-Chip: AP6330) (Build N200C) via the Update App from an SD Card

(this is the best way to get Android 5.1 for this specific Box as I have tried with other methods like Amlogic Burn Tool & SD Card Boot however sometime that bricked my device). Before you start this I recommend you first make TWRP Backup first here

I can confirm this firmware is from a M8S+ Box. Note this Firmware is not Rooted and also has no navigation bar.

Tested following so far:

Remote: Not Working
    Wifi: Working
    Ethernet Working
    Bluetooth: Working
    External USB Mice/Keyboard: Working
    Play store - Working so far (Will Update if it changes)
    Kodi and Other Media Apps working smoothly

I was wondering if someone can help or instruct me as to how I can get the IR Remote to work on this firmware, seen these remote patches here but couldn’t make them work (not sure if I done it correctly tbh) I formeted the SD Card to FAT32 then put the files into the SD Card then inserted into the Box whilst power off then powered it back on with the reset pin method (SD card And do a toothpick method recovery to flash) but it didn’t do anything.

i tried the

Original m8 remote
    Download

M8S s812 remote
    Download

Also is it possible to get the Android navigation bar at the bottom.

Update:

I have got my remote config file from my KitKat Firmware (Its inside the ROOT/etc folder) for this device and plan to Root using SuperSU via Reset Button method. Will update if that works But still need help with navigation bar

Last edited by DrDroid; 09-22-2017, 12:52.

Update even with correct remote config file the remote didn't work, rooted device but was unable to add a navigation bar so gave up as I have spent hours trying to solve the issues

Comment

Well..at least you made ethernet to work, I didn't have luck with that. I tried similar thing with the remote control, but it seems like some other method is used for remote control configuration. Do you have swapped red/blue LEDs on the front panel of the box?

Comment

Update

Had time to play with my first ever Box I bought in 2015 M8S Amlogic S812. It took me over a week to figure out how to get everything working properly, I have successfully updated the box to Android 5.1.1 with everything working (Bluetooth, WiFi, Ethernet and the bonus is I got a Navigation Bar (soft keys) the only thing I couldn't get to work properly was the remote however I realised this was due to the System UI so my solution to this was just to buy a M8S+ remote. I haven't a clue if the M8S+ remote will work properly however will update this thread whilst the remote slowly travels from China to me. Actually very happy I managed to give this box a new lease of life and learned hell of lot about Android.

Ps I hard bricked the box in the process but luckily as I was about to chuck it in the bin I managed to short NAND pin and bring it back to life

Comment

Update:

Even though I ordered a different remote I got the current one working perfectly with the SystemUI. I basically ported 3 different 5.1.1 firmware for the S812 into one to make everything work. I also needed GravityBox[LP] (Xposed module) to make the Navigation Bar work properly although not perfect it does what I want. My programming knowledge is very entry level however I am very pleased with my bootleg ROM which works better than the crappy custom ROM for these S812 SoC (OTT M8 s/+). I fined tuned this box so much so I'm using it as my main Media device at the moment even though I have much better spec boxes. I would love to port marshmallow into this resilient box (yes me and the M8S box have become very close due to the abuse I have thrown at this boxes over the last 3 years (other boxes (RockChip) usually die with 2-3 times of my tinkering hence I stopped buying RockChip but this box has taken so many blows & I somehow always managed to revive it back to life. I would love to know which manufacturer built this board! Amazing little board which refuses to die

Pic of my remote which is only used for volume control & putting the box to sleep (all that work for just 2 basic function, waste of my time I know but I'm stubborn. I do need the remote for 1 app that my Mrs watch live TV on which makes it much easier to change channel with the remote then the mouse. Also the bonus I managed to get a PS4 Controller to work on my bootleg Amateur ROM
          Attached Files
          Last edited by DrDroid; 11-10-2019, 14:18.

Comment

HI, which firmware and method you used?

Comment

Hi DrDroid!
              Can you share your final modified firmware with us?
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by maver3000 View Post
                Hi DrDroid!
                Can you share your final modified firmware with us?
                Thanks
                Hi ,

this is a old Thread , if he answers and still has the FW , you can be happy , but better would be , to buy a new better supported Box ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                X