Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTT M8S+ bricked. Boots only to Amlogic logo. Been spending a lot of time trying to unbrick. Help would be much appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT M8S+ bricked. Boots only to Amlogic logo. Been spending a lot of time trying to unbrick. Help would be much appreciated.

I usually can figure things out for myself but been reading lots of mixed articles regarding unbricking my dads M8S+. After much research I'm at a complete loss as to the process I can try to unbrick the device and where to download the needed files. Can anyone offer some guidance?

Hello,

Please try it with the Firmware of the Probox 2 EX+.
    You can get it under ProBox2.com.
    Then you can flash it with USB Burning Tool with your PC.

Neomode

Comment

I've been trying to unbrick an M8S with very little results. At this stage, I have so many wasted ours into this chinese piece of shit I'm ready to cut my losses and buy a real box with support like the nvidia shield.

Anyway,

Do you currently have any lights on when you boot?

There are 2 pieces of software that you generally use to unbrick: USB_burning_tool and SD_Card_Maker

You can google and find both of those easily.

I wasn't able to get my device recognized in USB_Burning_tool so I've been trying SD Card maker.

You might also need to jump pin 29-30 on your NAND to get it to write if you're having issues with USB Burning tool

Comment

Working...
      X