Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTT TV Box M8C amlogic s812 ap6210 2014/07/07 Mp&M8_V1.0 can I install Android 5 on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT TV Box M8C amlogic s812 ap6210 2014/07/07 Mp&M8_V1.0 can I install Android 5 on it?

OTT TV Box M8C @mlogic s812 Quad core says A1NDWN001 ON THE BIG CHIP (I took the large finned heatsink off)
    Wifi chip says ap6210
    Board says M9 & M8_V1.0 with date 2014/07/07
    Build # KOT49H.20141114test-keys
    Kernel Version 3.10.33
    Nov 13th 2014
    To run krypton now in 2018 it needs at least android 5 on it
    I have searched online for the firmware for the M8C and what mostly comes up is M8s downloads
    guess I'll try the m8s firmware on one (I have 3 M8c boxes)
    Does anyone know if the m8C s812 box is compatible with any firmware or android upgrades past android 5 ? (or is it stuck at 4.4.2)
    Any help appreciated
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by roety; 01-28-2018, 23:00.

I guess no one on this forum knows how or where, I had hoped there were smart helpful people here.
    i managed to get a USB burning tool, but getting parse image fail trying to start it, with every image I find online
    ended up just installing Jarvis on these four obsolete boxes , I would try flashing eem if I could find a good file
    Last edited by roety; 01-29-2018, 16:20.

Comment

• trebor
      trebor commented
      Editing a comment
      S812 maybe bit old maybe most may have moved on I think you will find
      Google is your friend.
      Someone one still may,
      Be patience

Hi roety,
    Is Kodi 17 (Krypton) the only reason that made you plan to install Android 5 on your box? If yes, then you don't need it at all. There are few Kodi 17 forks that will work on your Android 4 box. You can try to search "install mygica on kitkat" on Google and you will find video tutorial really fast.
    If you really need Android 5, I think that it will not be easy and even if you find some firmware that you will manage to install I believe that it will not be fully functional.
    Recently I tried to do the same thing as you, but with M8S and I was only partially successful. It turned out that this is possible on my M8S box, but I lost remote control functionality and Ethernet (I think that box was a bit slower too!). Then I returned to Android 4 because it still fits my needs.
    Good luck,
    Ivan

Comment

Working...
    X