Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help finding firmware for Amlogic S812 - Ott TV Box - Square - 8 gb Rom 2 gb Ram - 6330 AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chadow876
    replied
    Hello
    I have a M8S S812 OTT TV box which it appears I have bricked. On the outside it says M8S but on the inside of the box it has M8 V8_1 20150418 written on the board. Anyway, the real problem is that I flashed it with the Em9_ap6330_2g8g_150203_sd because the original firmware had issues. After I flashed it, the box worked for a few days and then it just stopped outputting anything to the TV on the HDMI as well as the AV ports. It just stopped booting or responding all together. When the box is plugged in, the blue power led comes on but that's all it does, I cannot get it to go into recovery mode and my PCs are not detecting it when I connect it with the A/Male to A/Male USB cable. Is there some way to recover this box, or is this just the end of the line for it? HELP Please!!! Please take a look at the photo of the main board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151020_135148.jpg
Views:	2566
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	531268
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• perpetual
    replied
    M8S - S812 - 2G/8G (Meson m8m2) AP6330
    PCB: M8 V8_1 201501418

TWRP recovery
    http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml...8.7.0_K200.img
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mlogic-devices

You can replace the stock recovery after you have created a backup

The USB Burning Tool requires .img files
    The latest android OS USB recovery image I've read that works with this clone is m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150818_USB.rar

I used TWRP to flash http://amlinux.ru/image/5.95.3/OpenE...3.3-update.zip
    (Copy the .zip to root of SD card or USB key along with TWRP_2.8.7.0_K200.img renamed to recovery.img)
    Use toothpick method

The USB Burning Tool works with a standard USB male-to-male cable
    (I didn't have short any pins on the NAND, or OTG jumper, etc)

If you look between the HDMI port and USB port there is a spot for a 2 pin jumper header
    (our clones do not have 2 pins soldered there, but can easily be installed)

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-another-clone

Apparently this is a jumper to turn the usb port into an OTG usb port
    Haven't tested it yet though but may to confirm adb shell works if needed in the future

Leave a comment:

• mkhanemkay
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetual View Post
    I have the same M8S - S812 - 2G/8G (Meson m8m2) AP6330

If you don't need Android apps and just want a stable media player
    I suggest OpenELEC / Kodi (Flash at your own risk!)
    http://amlinux.ru/image/5.95.3/OpenE...3.3-update.zip

Don't install 5.95.5 M8S images as they soft bricked my box, had to use Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.4.3 and Em9_ap6330_2g8g_150203_usb.rar to recover
    Thanks Perputal,

I will keep that in mind,

I asked the seller a few times and all they do is come back with an answer that person who deals with the boxes at factory is on holiday or the factory is closed or some random reason to obtain the file and send it across.

I was looking for an Android image as i use a few apps on there, Does Finless or other's have a version for our board ?

Also, i would like to give a try with OpenElec, what do i use to flash the Openelec on the M8S, Should i use the Amlogic USB burning tool you mentioned above ? or is there a tool to make usb bootable ?

Is there a link / procedure i can follow to flash openelec ? (do i just copy all the files in the zip, in the root of the usb drive / sd card and plug power in while pressing the reset button )

If i had to use USB burning tool what cable should i be using ? my box does not have a micro usb port (or nothing is labelled otg..)

Can we install TWRP or other compitable recovery to take a backup ?

Thanks again !! for the tips and help

Leave a comment:

• perpetual
    replied
    I have the same M8S - S812 - 2G/8G (Meson m8m2) AP6330

If you don't need Android apps and just want a stable media player
    I suggest OpenELEC / Kodi (Flash at your own risk!)
    http://amlinux.ru/image/5.95.3/OpenE...3.3-update.zip

Don't install 5.95.5 M8S images as they soft bricked my box, had to use Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.4.3 and Em9_ap6330_2g8g_150203_usb.rar to recover

Leave a comment:

• RoyLee
    replied
    Originally posted by mkhanemkay View Post
    Thanks RoyLee, Do you happen to know where to start , i mean do you know the repo or location where i can find firmwares for S812 based tv boxes ?
    i think the best way for you is to ask your supplier. they must get the suitable firmware for you.

Leave a comment:

• mkhanemkay
    replied
    Thanks RoyLee, Do you happen to know where to start , i mean do you know the repo or location where i can find firmwares for S812 based tv boxes ?

Leave a comment:

• RoyLee
    replied
    hello folk unfortunately you got a clone one. there is a easy to tell original or clone box. just look at the heat sink. original's always bigger, and you can take off original's heat sink easily. not for clones, cos they use something almost like glue to stick it on. check my picture. you really need to try many firmwares for clones to get a suitable one.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Help finding firmware for Amlogic S812 - Ott TV Box - Square - 8 gb Rom 2 gb Ram - 6330 AP

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12529.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	528545Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12527.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	528543Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12525.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	528541Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12524.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	528540Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12523.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	528539Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12530.png Views:	1 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	528546 Hi,

Please help identify good firmware (Finless or something stable).

I got this box from Aliexpress, its Amlogic S812 , 2G / 8G, AP 6330, Not sure if this one is original S812 or a clone, The Board says M8 V8_1 20150418.

Please see the images below, sorry for bad angle / quality images.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/M8S-A...428025193.html

Finally found a working one, its not the latest, but this package has card burner to unbrick the box, while trying various firmware my box got bricked bunch of times.Download this zip, This has Android 4.4.2 (7/28/2015)

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

it has 3 zips, one for card maker, one for aml image and lastly ota update that is done after the image is recovered.

Has any one able to get a working OpenElec version for this version of Ott TV Box S812 (Amlogic S812 , 2G / 8G, AP 6330), kindly point me to the right openelec or Libreelec version please.
    Attached Files
    Cheap tv media player, Buy Quality tv card player directly from China tv mole Suppliers: M8S Android TV Box 2G/8G Dual band 2.4G/5G wifi Android 4.4 Amlogic S812 Chip 4K XBMC Full HD Smart Media Player  
    Last edited by mkhanemkay; 07-27-2018, 06:25.
Working...
X