Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unofficial TWRP 3.0.2 VideoStrong/Acemax KII

Code:
    What’s new in 3.0.0-0:[LIST][*]Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)[*]True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)[*]Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)[*]Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)[*]Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow[*]Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)[*]SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed[*]Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)[*]Update AOSP base to 6.0[*]A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks[/LIST]What’s new in 3.0.1-0:[LIST][*]support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)[*]fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)[*]libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)[*]fixes for loading custom themes (_that)[*]TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)[*]translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch[*]progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)[*]fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)[*]reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)[*]other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements[/LIST]What’s new in 3.0.2-0:[LIST][*]Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.[*]Add Greek translation to some builds.[/LIST]
    Hello guys,

Here you will find the latest TeamWin Recovery Project for the KII unit. This is version 3.0.2-0 based on official source, the only adjustment i made was to make it backup the internalSD with Data, the only folders that it will skip are the TWRP and the Downloads.

This image can be used from External SDcard, USB Storage or from nand. I only tested it while running Android 4.4.2 but it will probably work also on Lollipop.

Usage & Installation
    • You will need a connect mouse to navigate in TWRP.
    • Download the image, rename it to 'recovery.img' and place it on the root of your external storage device. Reboot the unit
    • You will be greeted with the TWRP screen. Enjoy
    If you want to install TWRP to nand, click install, click image button and navigate to where your recovery.img is (ExternalSD or USB) and select it. Choose to flash to recovery.
    Done

Last edited by abdul_pt; 05-15-2016, 19:03.
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

many thanks for your great work

Comment

Hello abdul_pt,
      I am new to all this kind of thing(only made my first kodi build/wizard 2 weeks ago). I have set up my box the way i want with launcher and all icons customized and ready. Now i just found out i need to root(finally know what this means) my box to be able to copy all my settings,apps,the whole box pretty much onto another box....m8s amlogic s812. i have searched and read lots of different posts and pages over the last new days and i reckon this is what i been looking for. could you point me in the right direction if not, or if it is also help point me in the right direction.Right now i feel completely lost and as if i am a dog chasing its tail!!!...any help with be super super appreciated...thanks mate

Comment

thanks but wheres the download link

Comment

Hello abdul_pt,
          Thanks for your work, I just can not find the download link?

Comment

Sorry guys forgot to post the link

OP updated with download link
            if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyBoyQ View Post
              Hello abdul_pt,
              I am new to all this kind of thing(only made my first kodi build/wizard 2 weeks ago). I have set up my box the way i want with launcher and all icons customized and ready. Now i just found out i need to root(finally know what this means) my box to be able to copy all my settings,apps,the whole box pretty much onto another box....m8s amlogic s812. i have searched and read lots of different posts and pages over the last new days and i reckon this is what i been looking for. could you point me in the right direction if not, or if it is also help point me in the right direction.Right now i feel completely lost and as if i am a dog chasing its tail!!!...any help with be super super appreciated...thanks mate

Do a backup of what you want a restore on the other box. Nothing much more to say

Comment

Originally posted by acemaxtec View Post
                many thanks for your great work
                And Thank You Acemaxtec for all your help earlier

And Many MAny thanks to Abdul for TWRP for KII

Comment

I am having a problem where the TWRP screen is larger than my tv screen for some odd reason. I cannot see any buttons. I am trying to use it on the M8S s812.

Comment

What ROM are you using ?
                    How is the box connected to the TV ? HDMI or AV

Check if you have locked screen size in settings. Set it to auto detection and test again.

Send me recovery log. Find it in /cache/recovery/last_log

Tapatalked

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                      What ROM are you using ?
                      How is the box connected to the TV ? HDMI or AV

Check if you have locked screen size in settings. Set it to auto detection and test again.

Send me recovery log. Find it in /cache/recovery/last_log

Tapatalked
                      The ROM is Android 5.1.1 (Build: LMY47V.20160315 test-keys)
                      The box is connected with HDMI.
                      From what I can tell the TV is not set to locked screen size on the TV or in the ROM.
                      How do I send you the log cat? I can view it in recovery but not sure how to send it to you.

Comment

I'm referring to the box settings.

You can send the recovery log throw any cloud service like pastebin, expirebox, dropbox.... Or attach to the post here.

Tapatalked

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                          I'm referring to the box settings.

You can send the recovery log throw any cloud service like pastebin, expirebox, dropbox.... Or attach to the post here.
                          For the box I don't have any ability to set the screen size. My ROM is set to use 720p or best fit. I disabled best fit and it still looked the same.
                          As for getting the log cat to you. I just realized my box isnt rooted. So I guess that puts an axe to running TWRP on it.

For my specific box I have tried to search for rooting instructions but came up empty handed.

Thanks for getting back to me in regards to TWRP though. I will keep looking for rooting instructions and hopefully find something.

Comment

In the end I was able to use this TWRP on my box
                            Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! freak-tab.de ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf freak-tab.de alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

Good new friend abdul this world android!
                              I have some questions !
                              I K1 Plus dvb-s2 T2 with last original firmaware here all ok!
                              date 02/09/16
                              1- TWRT and compatible with my TV box?
                              2- and precisso of TWRP?
                              3- What advantage would I?
                              For the improvements already described Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X