• Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8S Firmware 5.1

Hello i've an M8S box with the follow firmware:

Build Number: M8S.BCM4335.201512011617
    Kernel: 3.10.33
    Tue Dec 1 16:21:09 CST 2015

Someone have the 5.1 firmware to this box?
    Thanks

you can have a try from acemax website www.acemax.net.cn downloading center

Comment

Did this work on your box?

Comment

Pctravel of course he is going to have issues 2 different wifi chipsets 1 is bcm4335 and other has ap6330
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Will there be a 5.1 version rom that will work with the bcm4335 chipset?

Comment

Latest 5.1 rom from Acemaxtec for the KII supports both WiFi chips. I don't know about the M8S but it should also.

Tapatalked

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
            then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
            $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

I found a new rom on China gadgets site Download latest Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for M8S TV Box

but comments show not working for bcm4335 chip. Any way to build a 2 step process to fix that for my wifi and remote?

Comment

I have s812_m8(8bit)_v03 2016/01/21 With 5.1 of the firmware, I need 4.4 of the firmware

Comment

I have( akaso - M8s - s812 with wifi chip RTL8723BS) i need any firmware pleas

Comment

charlesbronson provided another member dia a link to this rom that actually works on my AKASO M8S S812 with what I am suspecting to have the same WiFi and Bluetooth chip RTL8723BS,

Lollipop 5.1.1 on the S812 but this was meant for ap6330 and everything works very well on my AKASO M8S S812 w / RTL8723BS except for Bluetooth and Wifi - NEED HELP!
                    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

I was able to find a 4.4.2 sd flash ROM that also has the same WiFi and Bluetooth issues, but no originals from this M8S S812 device that is sold by AKASO anywhere on the web. I have contacted them in the meantime and asked for either a patch for the Bluetooth and WiFi or a copy of the original ROM it came with and wait until we can get these features working on 5.1.1 Lollipop.

JustMe we need your help please

Comment

I have seem problem

Comment

Originally posted by siruok View Post
                        charlesbronson provided another member dia a link to this rom that actually works on my AKASO M8S S812 with what I am suspecting to have the same WiFi and Bluetooth chip RTL8723BS,

Lollipop 5.1.1 on the S812 but this was meant for ap6330 and everything works very well on my AKASO M8S S812 w / RTL8723BS except for Bluetooth and Wifi - NEED HELP!
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

I was able to find a 4.4.2 sd flash ROM that also has the same WiFi and Bluetooth issues, but no originals from this M8S S812 device that is sold by AKASO anywhere on the web. I have contacted them in the meantime and asked for either a patch for the Bluetooth and WiFi or a copy of the original ROM it came with and wait until we can get these features working on 5.1.1 Lollipop.

JustMe we need your help please
                        You mentioned the link I provided worked well except for WiFi and bluetooth. Did Ethernet work for you or did you not try it? I am asking because I am still trying to hunt down a way to run the ROM I am using (5.1.1) but get my Ethernet working again.

Comment

Hi Charles,

I tried bridging my laptop's WiFi over the weekend as an attempt to get ~some kinda~ internet connection to the M8S box, where I even tried setting the IP configuration manually, to no avail at all.

I have been in communication with the seller on Amazon to try and get them to have the manufacturer provide either the original firmware or something to update us to at least Lollipop...so far they haven't heard back.

I'll keep you posted!

Comment

Hi all,
                            I have right the same box, cannot find any lollipop fw. M8S BCM4335 Chipset.
                            I want to install latest KODI 17, compatible with lollipop+. I've just seen 5.1.1 for m8s AP 6330 chipset. Why this difference? Any news and any possibility to ever see a 5.1 Fw for BCM4335 chipset?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by alextan View Post
                              Hi all,
                              I have right the same box, cannot find any lollipop fw. M8S BCM4335 Chipset.
                              I want to install latest KODI 17, compatible with lollipop+. I've just seen 5.1.1 for m8s AP 6330 chipset. Why this difference? Any news and any possibility to ever see a 5.1 Fw for BCM4335 chipset?

Thank you!
                              I had the same exact issue and the seller named AKASO on Amazon, did not help us one bit. They said that they wrote the manufacturer and was not able to obtain any firmware at all, let alone an update for 5.1!

I will say though that AKASO was prompt in their responses, but it doesn't seem that this hardware configuration is supported at all...

Comment

Working...
                              X