Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minix Neo X8-H PLUS Stock 11/24 ROM in flashable ZIP format - FIXED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash

Just bought this Minix, my first tv box. Absolute awesome box.
    I have a couple of questions regading flash of new rom.
    I prefer sd flashing method, scared to accidental brick the box with official Tool.
    The box came with a rom dated 11/14.
    As i understand it : I should put the .zip rom file, the .img recovery (as my current rom is with dead recovery), and the .aml (maybe a file that autoinstalls rom?) on sd cards root, then boot into recovery as usual with android and flash from there.
    Do sd card flash erase all as you recommend?
    If i would flash a newer rom later, after flashing this 11/24 rom (when there is one) or flash your finless rom
    the only file i need on sd is .zip rom file and not the .img and .aml?

Comment

I would flash the finless 1.1 rom for the plus. You have several options on how to flash that are explained in the read me file. You copy everything onto the sdcard. Go to update app and select the finless zip file.

Comment

Originally posted by atomwood View Post
        I would flash the finless 1.1 rom for the plus. You have several options on how to flash that are explained in the read me file. You copy everything onto the sdcard. Go to update app and select the finless zip file.
        Oh, it was as easy as 1,2,3.😉 files on sd, toothpick and powerbutton and the rom installed. Thanks.

Comment

back to stock

Currently running 1.1 Finless rom and having problems with some video streaming services. I will try to go back to stock (unrooted) to see if that is the problem (tried rootcloak with no succes) Is there a flashable zip with the 002 firmware somewhere? Is there something i should be aware of, flashing back to stock regarding recovery or other files that should/ should not be on sd card?

Comment

Originally posted by FatFreddyDK View Post
            Currently running 1.1 Finless rom and having problems with some video streaming services. I will try to go back to stock (unrooted) to see if that is the problem (tried rootcloak with no succes) Is there a flashable zip with the 002 firmware somewhere? Is there something i should be aware of, flashing back to stock regarding recovery or other files that should/ should not be on sd card?
            Did you managed to go back to stock from finless 1.1? I'm wondering about doing the same thing, not because I want to leave the finless rom just yet but I may need to go from stock to custom rom and vice versa in the future (and to not feel trapped in one or the other lol). I'm thinking using the burning tool should do it but I'm not sure since finless installs TWRP (which I love because I can't live without nandroid backups).

Another question, can I flash the stock rom from finless 1.1 without issues? And if so, can I use the FOTA 003 updates from it (since I believe this one is based on stock 002)?

Comment

No one?

Comment

Did never get a answer unfortunately. Not that finless rom isnt good, in fact it is great, but would be nice to know just for testing the 003 firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by FatFreddyDK View Post
                  Did never get a answer unfortunately. Not that finless rom isnt good, in fact it is great, but would be nice to know just for testing the 003 firmware.
                  Yeah, I asked a similar question on the stock flashable finless did a while back but still no answer. It would be good to know. The finless rom is great and asking that question shouldn't be taken as a diss on the rom itself.
                  Last edited by rpgmaker; 02-25-2015, 23:44.

Comment

Hi all,

I did exactly that (go back to clean 003 from finless 1.1), and since there is no flashable zip for 003 that erases everything, I had to do it in multiple steps, see my post here

I hope that helps you

Comment

Just tried installing. Recovery loads but lists errors:
                      E:failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)
                      E: failed to mount /udisk (No such file or directory)

Tried to wipe data/factory reset. failed:
                      E: format_volume: ext4_erase_volum failed on /dev/block/data

It looks like something is wrong with the disk/partitions? I'm out of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                      X