Minix x8-h Plus - No YouTube 1080p after Nexus10 spoof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix x8-h Plus - No YouTube 1080p after Nexus10 spoof

Got my x8-h Plus today and played around abit.
    Flashed Bob's 1,1 Rom without any probs.

Got no 1080p on youtube. Inapp & in Kodi 14.

Read something about that it's a general YT thingy with blocking 1080p on mobile Devices and about that build.prop spoof.

Did the spoof. Everything went good. Model Name is Now "Nexus 10".

But still, YT doesn't play 1080p at all.

Is that a general Minix thing?

Is there a solution for that? I know it's a common prob and maybe evryone of you hate me now for posting that, but i couldn't find any solution

Nope, and it looks like it's going to stay that way. There was a thread that went as in depth in to this issue as possible but people couldn't figure out what was blocking it exactly. build.prop was the first topic that was spoken about but was debunked in like a second, given that the box was already on the correct Android version. My guess would be that if the device is not in a list that Google seems to support, there will be no changes made to the DPI or any other build.prop setting; the only 'other' stock device would be the likes of Nexus 10 like you stated, but it has to be a true Nexus 10 in order for this to work. Don't ask why, no one seems to know themselves lol. However, I personally would be willing to buy a box that would support 1080p or higher, if there are devices that Google supports out there at all. We will have to see. I think if 1440p, 2160p etc mature a bit more, then we might see 1080p as a standard on Android devices. This would of course be helped by faster data speeds and more areas covering 4G, fibre optic broadband, gigabit broadband etc, which would place a reasonable excuse for Google to allow more devices to stream at 1080p by default. But who am I to predict Google's business strategy lol.

Comment

Perhaps.. "ogyoutube"
      Goodluck

Comment

Working...
      X