MINIX X8 - H PLUS S812 DUAL CORE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MINIX X8 - H PLUS S812 DUAL CORE?

I think that Minix x8-h plus is dualcore. Because dmesg says real core 2 and xbmc dbug says cpu 0 , 1. May be other cores virtual like intel ) where is other 2 core
    Last edited by taki; 02-12-2015, 19:09.

It's because of the core-management at the kernel... if more than 1 ore more cores need then more than 1 or more cores running otherwise they are at sleeping ...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

It's a quad core... The power management on the firmware is set to hotplug which only turns on cores as they are needed... If XBMC is only showing 2 it's because you don't need anything more than that to run what you're running, but the other 2 cores will turn on automatically when they are needed.. If you have a rooted firmware you are able to install a CPU manager and change the power management so that the 4 cores are on all the time if you like..

Comment

Last edited by WangChung; 06-15-2017, 02:47.

Comment

Cpu-z app !!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Comment

what is the actual difference between the x8-h and the x8-h plus? sorry if it's been asked before... but on googling the specs, they look the same
            Sent from my Commodore 64 using Geos
            My devices:
            Tronsmart Vega S89-H: running stock 104k4 rom, rooted & racky's cpu fix.
            Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1: running KK's dual boot kernel, Phil's touch recovery & de-bloated, over-clocked and rooted stock rom.
            Samsung Galaxy S3: stock until warrany is over lol running JB 4.3 ...
            HTC Incredible S: Venom rom, 'kangaroo' kernel, overclocked to 2Ghz & still kicking the Sammy's butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Addyhash View Post
              what is the actual difference between the x8-h and the x8-h plus? sorry if it's been asked before... but on googling the specs, they look the same
              I believe the main diff is the cpu. X8-H=S802-H. X8-H plus=S812. The S812 has decoder for h.265 encoded video. It may also offer GLAN.
              I don't own either one.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                I believe the main diff is the cpu. X8-H=S802-H. X8-H plus=S812. The S812 has decoder for h.265 encoded video. It may also offer GLAN.
                I don't own either one.
                Plus = GigE ONLY....
                H = HEVC Hardware (h.265) decode up to 2160p.

Non Plus Devices only have 10/100 Ethernet.
                Non H such as the Neo x8 Plus which is otherwise also an S812 SoC), would only be able to decode HVEC h.265 IN SOFTWARE! Upto 720p

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post

Plus = GigE ONLY....
                  H = HEVC Hardware (h.265) decode up to 2160p.

Non Plus Devices only have 10/100 Ethernet.
                  Non H such as the Neo x8 Plus which is otherwise also an S812 SoC), would only be able to decode HVEC h.265 IN SOFTWARE! Upto 720p
                  Where are you getting this information about hevc? All S805 and s812 soc have hardware hevc decoding. Amlogic uses the -H CPU marking to show the cpu supports hardware decoding for Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Bypass audio formats through HDMI

Comment

It's worth noting that even if you have HEVC decoding onboard Kodi won't utilize it unless you have 5.x running. So all of the X8h+ users got the shaft from Minix.

Comment

Working...
                    X