Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to root the Minix NEO X8H Plus?

Hey fellow Minix users!

I'm wondering how to root my Minix NEO X8H Plus on stock 20141122 firmware, can anyone give me any pointers? I searched the forum but didn't find anything specific weirdly.

If you go to the minix site you will find an update.zip (update-gufone-root-x8.zip) for the x8h which will root the x8h-plus.. Also you can use the finless 1.1 rom that is on this forum since it is rooted already... The update.zip file also works on the new 003 firmware that was release the other week.. I am also running a x8h-plus and have rooted the stock firmware with the update.zip file and it works perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by windex961 View Post
      If you go to the minix site you will find an update.zip (update-gufone-root-x8.zip) for the x8h which will root the x8h-plus.. Also you can use the finless 1.1 rom that is on this forum since it is rooted already... The update.zip file also works on the new 003 firmware that was release the other week.. I am also running a x8h-plus and have rooted the stock firmware with the update.zip file and it works perfectly
      Thank you sir. I looked around and it seems this are the ones: http://www.minixforum.com/threads/pa...d.95/#post-278 ? That's what I found thanks to you posting the .zip filename at least lol.

Comment

That's the one... I didn't wanna post links or something in case that was frowned upon. That's the file I used and It works a treat....

Comment

Does anyone tested if this also works http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...stock-rom-roms ?
          Or does exist another solution from Finless which works?
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by windex961 View Post
            That's the one... I didn't wanna post links or something in case that was frowned upon. That's the file I used and It works a treat....
            Yes, it works. I tested it on stock 003 successfully. Thanks!

@no_spam_for_me
            I have not tested that one, this post is about rooting the minix x8h plus with stock rom.

Comment

"this post is about rooting the minix x8h plus with stock rom"

Yes, I know, that's why I ask
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                "this post is about rooting the minix x8h plus with stock rom"

Yes, I know, that's why I ask
                Yes it works, both VRoot and the s89_root_update
                I prefer the s89 Amlogic rooter, less work

Comment

Working...
                X