Few quick questions about X8-H Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few quick questions about X8-H Plus

Been interested in this box for a while. One key draw for me is that it's capable of Dreamcast emulation.

Seems like this is the place to be for the discussion (xda developers forums for this device seem quiet).

I love idea of having a remote control which I can use to voice input a song name... have it play. Currently doing exactly that on my CyanogenMod 11 galaxy s3 and liking it.

I can launch Google voice search by double pressing my home button on my s3. Searching for music opens the Google Play Music app. (Lovely stuff).

1), know its possible to change the launcher on these x8-h plus box; .... is it possible to go one further and somehow configure one of x8-h plus's remote control buttons to launch Google Voice Search?

2) Amazon Fire TV remote has a dedicated voicesearch button. If I were to aqquire on of those, what do u think are the chances of getting it working with this MINIX box? And, potentially being able to config the voicesearch button to launch Google now?

3) are there any custom ROMs yet which resemble lollipop and its material design? --I'm sure 4.4 would be good enough with a good launcher but it would be nice to know before buying it.

4) Netflix.. is it still imited to 720p? (Android app)

5) YouTube android app.. YT on movie phones seems to be limited to 720p playback these days.. how about on this MINIX box?

6) 4K. Its really great that it can do 4k video using minix's stock app, but can the XBMC (the one they bundle with it) handle the same? (I'm not concerned whether that's through h265 or not).

Lastly, sorry if this sounds like a lazy post, I know the information is probably in these forums somewhere, but I'm having a bsuy day and spent too long trying to dig up info on xda already :-S
    Last edited by SkEvol; 04-01-2015, 12:50.

- Don't know about Dreamcast,
    - If you connect a mic to the box you will have voice search available.
    1) off-course you can change the launcher, even install another one if you like.
    2) Don't know
    3) No (and not any time soon I guess)
    4) Ask Netflix as there are no settings to adjust with their app.
    5) YouTube has settings including 1080p
    6) use Kodi 14 instead of XBMC (13.3.3)
    Last edited by An-Droid; 04-24-2015, 17:33.

Comment

Working...
    X