Minix x8h plus is dead.. help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix x8h plus is dead.. help!

Ok, so i bought my x8h from geekbuyers around xmas time and its been great..

I wanted to update the libtrmp and needed to root it...

Started the root update and now have nothing.

The blue light comes on and goes off with the power button but nothing happens, tried to reset, tried to flash new firmware, tried usb burning (not seen in windows) nothing..

Now before I buy another box, (expensive learning this after having bought a clone first), is there a way to revive the box?

Is there an address in the UK I can send it for repair??

If the blue light comes up nothing is lost.
    Make sure which model it is cause your mail mentions a X8-H and your thread mentions a X8-H plus. They are NOT the same.

Comment

its a X8H-Plus
      Blue light comes on and off with the button but nothing else happens.
      Screen is black no signs of live.

Comment

Originally posted by coozer View Post
        its a X8H-Plus
        Blue light comes on and off with the button but nothing else happens.
        Screen is black no signs of live.
        i reckon your best bet would be the usb flashing tool....make sure you have the right firmware, currently 004 for the x8-h plus and you use the burning tool that comes with the firmware download......also try different usb ports and usb/otg cables if available if you dont succeed first go

if you do manage to get it going i also believe it is not so easy to update libtrmp on android, but updating to kodi 14.2 xbmc , as i understand it, has a later version.

Comment

reflash it all will be well usb burn tool
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Ive tried the usb burning method and nothing happens there either!

Surprised theres no support from the tech guys here.

Comment

Just to be clear, neither windows (7) or the USB burning tool can see the box.

Comment

Try booting the stock recovery off the SD by placing the recovery.img file on there.
                You'll need to use the unlocked version from the Finless ROM to be able to boot it off the SD card. Then use the firmware flashing tool in Windows to flash a stock device image.

Note, I haven't tried this recovery, but according to what I've read it should work. I have a X8-H PLUS, but haven't done a huge amount with it

Comment

As the blue light can turn on I'll say you'll become success to flash entire firmware using usb burning tool. Did you make it???

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Any luck with this? My X8-H is in rough shape.
                    Trying to flash using usb burning tool - errors at roughly 5%
                    SD card / .zip file method will not work
                    Burn Card Maker method stops and will not continue.
                    Opened TRWP on SD card - shows 0MB for /data, /system, etc. Changing file system to any type fails.
                    Seems like a partition issue. Does anyone have any tips or is it bricked?

Comment

Working...
                    X