minix announces lollipop for x8hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minix announces lollipop for x8hp

ive made my choice: no minix device ever again!

still i am excited about this announcement:

there is nothing more than the so-called announcement and it is a big letdown for the Minix holder and they will be no doubt responsible for that.

Comment

like ive said: no more minix paid from my ẃallet. they suck.
      a super cheap fire tv stick now does all i wanted done from the x8h+. even with v11 there is plenty of problems in my setup with that piece of poop.

Comment

agreeing with you minix is ******* bullshit i've ever got only because of their so-called developers.

Comment

Originally posted by mic View Post
          ive made my choice: no minix device ever again!

still i am excited about this announcement:

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/of...1/#post-122949
          Yep, same for me, no more minix.

I cant see what the hype is about the so called support that everyone raves about, generally they produce products which then get abandoned just like all the cheap boxes out there.

Comment

in the particular case of x8h+ it is in my opinion not only minix who sucks but amlogic too. they dont provide a recent sdk for their damned s812 chip. that is for sure the reason for no upgrade (yes, i still dont believe in a stable release. ever. everever!). well, its minix who made a choice for that chip anyways....
            but i dont even need an upgrade to a more recent android. i dont really care about the version of android and/or kodi that i am running. i do care about having any version of it doing what its supposed to do without causing major problems. my setup is simple: tvheadend on a raspi2 as server and android running kodi/xbmc/fbmx/spmc as client. i need android because of netflix so openelec on the box is not an option. never found a way to achieve this with the x8h+. my new firetvstick just does everything with zero problems (and its for sure a lot less potent - hardware wise ^^).
            well minix just sucks bad. their forum sucks bad. and minix-ken sucks most btw. 11 updates and still huge bugs. promises burst like bobbles. i hope minix will burst just like them.

Comment

It is also Minix who announced loudly to release Lollipop between March to April this year for X8-H Plus but eventually Failed. In addition, considering about entry level clients they are supposed to get the option of ready-to-play and then think about where the Kodi17 issue went only for Minix box.So, X8H+ Users failed to run Kodi17 just because of Minix. Coming to your point it is not only Minix who is responsible for that but Amlogic here is to blame. Yes, It is Amlogic but standing on the side of client I cannot recognise who the Amlogic is, I am mostly aware about Minix the brand I knew before making purchase. And I still find X8H+ is full of buggy, causes stutter more frequently, fps dropping and so many things.

Comment

since i got banned from minixforum a while ago (for speaking out loud how much they suck... broken promises.... shifting problems to others, like amlogic or teamkodi....not taking care of well known bugs like audio drops and video stutter......and so on) i can nows just follow threads without participation.
                its really funny how they insist on staying on topic in the the threads. now that the upgrade thread got hijacked by kodi related content they seem to be happy about it ^^

Comment

Working...
                X