X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by Deco View Post
    It's ok Bob, i used blinkone's method - everything back to being awesome!

-Deco
    Glad you like it

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Deco
    replied
    It's ok Bob, i used blinkone's method - everything back to being awesome!

-Deco

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by Deco View Post
    Funny question here Bob,

i changed wallpaper and now i want to find your spaceman again, it kinda grew on me.. where the .... is it located?

-Deco
    It's in the framework and I did not add it to the list of choosable wallpapers. If you want it I can upload it.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Deco
    replied
    yeah i noticed, also im danish, home of carlsberg - very cool indeed and thanks!

-Deco

Leave a comment:

• blinkone
    replied
    The wallpaper you want is in the framework-res.apk in system/framework
    copy the framwork-res.apk to your pc,Rename it to framework-res.zip unzip it & the wallpaper is in /framework-res/res/drawable-sw720dp-nodpi

There maybe an easer way but I don't no it,I also think its a very cool wallpaper I like the extra special touch to the beer bottle did you notice it?

Leave a comment:

• Deco
    replied
    Funny question here Bob,

i changed wallpaper and now i want to find your spaceman again, it kinda grew on me.. where the .... is it located?

-Deco

Leave a comment:

• StanTek
    replied
    FYI:

For some of you Overclocker's out there, I've been testing the "NoFrills" CPU Control" and it works on this Rom. It allows you to change the low frequency setting and it sticks. I'm using the Interactive Governor, max frequency 1992 gigahertz and low frequency 1296 gigahertz with no change in temperature at 86F.

Leave a comment:

• Sammyano
    replied
    Originally posted by ColinB63 View Post
    Put the recovery.img from the unzipped file on as well as the 2 you have written and you are good to go.
    Thanks for your comment - any idea how I can update before flashing this rom and then restore my data post flash?

Leave a comment:

• Deco
    replied
    Hey there,

i got a few questions that might be stupid, but i just installed this finless rom today and are new at this so bare with me

1. the spoof fix, can one switch back to Minix again after installing whatever app wanted and continue to get updates? - and how can i actually see what im spoofed as right now?

2. how much is already on when you flash the rom?, i can see TWRP is, but im guessing the spoof is something to put on manually after, same goes for cpu fix?

3. what happens at next update (if there will be one), will we have to erase all again?

thats it for now, and btw. besides from netflix audio sync issues the rom seems really fast and clean, good work!

EDIT: just a curious question, is there a reason you used an older version of reboot.apk in the rom?, or is it safe to use the latest from google play?

-Deco
    Last edited by Deco; 01-30-2015, 16:38.

Leave a comment:

• taki
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    You will not be able to run the X8-H Plus kernel and boot on any other box other than the Plus because of the AML locked keys in NAND. This is why Minix warns of erasing keys with the flash tool or you will brick the Plus permanently!

Bob
    Thanks answer me bob. Minix orginal android rom very good except external usb tuner dont support. I dont want to whole erase Nand. orginal (kernel+boot) boot.img has inside kernel. Kernel has dvb-core. Thus dont load external dvb-core and usb ko. Dont let use external dvb modules. Thus minix orginal kernel config modifiye dvb_core=y to dvb_core=m. after support external drivers. I think that may be your firmware use new kernel and support external dvb modules.
    Tvheadend works orginal stock rom petfectly. Only need dvb modules for this rom. Thus need new kernel. Indeed minix team very easy add kernel. No need anything change only add dvb_core=m

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    You will not be able to run the X8-H Plus kernel and boot on any other box other than the Plus because of the AML locked keys in NAND. This is why Minix warns of erasing keys with the flash tool or you will brick the Plus permanently!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• taki
    replied
    CONFIG_DVB_CORE=m or yFinless your kernel boot.img support external dvb tuner.How combine kernel and boot.img create for x8h-plus. I compiled kernel m8boot.img but like linux boot.img. I dont find any instructions

Leave a comment:

• ColinB63
    replied
    Originally posted by Sammyano View Post
    Hello - reading the readme.txt from the downloaded file, it states -
    Option 1:
    1) Copy all the files from this ZIP onto the SDcard you should have:
    factory_update_param.aml
    neox8plus_finless_1_0.zip

Do you only need to copy over the above two files as opposed to the statement "Copy all the files from this ZIP onto the SDcard " Lastly, I do need the cpu fix or TWRP_recovery.zip file?

thanks
    Put the recovery.img from the unzipped file on as well as the 2 you have written and you are good to go.

Leave a comment:

• Sammyano
    replied
    Hello - reading the readme.txt from the downloaded file, it states -
    Option 1:
    1) Copy all the files from this ZIP onto the SDcard you should have:
    factory_update_param.aml
    neox8plus_finless_1_0.zip

Do you only need to copy over the above two files as opposed to the statement "Copy all the files from this ZIP onto the SDcard " Lastly, I do need the cpu fix or TWRP_recovery.zip file?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Sammyano
    replied
    Originally posted by Sammyano View Post
    Hello guys, newbie here- just got the x8-h plus with current offical rom and the dealer installed stuff that I really like :-), however I want to install finless custom rom with root and was wonder I can restore (data) saved with Minix Update&Restore after installing finless rom, if yes - please can someone advise on how to

thanks
    guys, please can someone help with my query above

thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X