Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brenas25
    replied
    What kind of advance and gui setting.xml you add.Can you share with it?Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• StanTek
    replied
    Just got my Neo X8-H Plus in the mail w/ the Neo A2 Lite mouse...........

Okay, after installing Finless 1.1 rom, adding my own custom boot screens, installing my apps, installing SPMC 13.4, adding my custom advancedsettings.xml and guisettings.xml and configuring Google Play, etc.
    All I have to say is, wow! This box is awesome and super fast. I am very happy with my purchase. I've seen the specs on the Tronsmart Draco AW80, it does have usb 3.0 and a SATA connection port. However, if the Tronsmart is faster than the X8-H Plus then so be it. I'm happy with my Minix. SPMC skinned with Aeon Nox = Awesome.

Leave a comment:

• BobShanghai
    replied
    Originally posted by ntux View Post
    I know, but the issue is not with the app not launching, or detecting root, but with the play store saying the app is not compatible with my device and not letting me download/install it... If I go to the play store on a computer, it says my spoofed nexus 10 is a "T-Mobile US" one, that's why the french TV app (mycanal) can't be installed on it.

I want to keep the nexus 10 spoof, but just change the carrier setting to have it set global, or whatever it is set when you purchase a regular wifi-only nexus 10 in france...
    I use an app called market unlocker on my phone, never tried it on X8. Guess it should work --- but...

The apk was removed from play store, it can be downloaded from "http://support.evanhe.com"

Have a look, but you decide if you want to try it. It works fine on my Samsung phone. I use it to spoof onto UK play store, even though I am in China.

Edit. I am not sure if it is working on X8. Just tried but need to use vpn. Google is blocked here in China, so difficult to prove the function currently from within China using Chinese ip address.

Further edit. I just tried installing Canal+ apk. From pc, play store says it is incompatible with device, but using play store directly on my X8-H, it installs and works ok. This is using UK play store over vpn, from China. I did not need to use market unlocker.

Not sure if this helps you! But it does work for me.
    Last edited by BobShanghai; 01-07-2015, 04:49.

Leave a comment:

• ntux
    replied
    Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Could be that those apps don't like rooted devices.
    I suggest you download xposed framework and install rootcloak. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I know, but the issue is not with the app not launching, or detecting root, but with the play store saying the app is not compatible with my device and not letting me download/install it... If I go to the play store on a computer, it says my spoofed nexus 10 is a "T-Mobile US" one, that's why the french TV app (mycanal) can't be installed on it.

I want to keep the nexus 10 spoof, but just change the carrier setting to have it set global, or whatever it is set when you purchase a regular wifi-only nexus 10 in france...

Leave a comment:

• Pierre
    replied
    Re: NEW - Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the good work on this rom, I have just installed it but did not have the time to test it extensively though...

I tried your nexus spoof, but it seems the device keeps being detected as T-Mobile US model, so I can't install some french tv apps (it seems stock build.prop is also detected as t-mobile)...
    I tried playing with the ro.carrier setting but 'unknown' or 'wifi-only' don't seem to change that (still t-mobile US), and I don't find any build.prop entry that seems to relate to carrier setting...

Do you know how to change that spoof ? Maybe it has to do with the ro.build settings (fingerprint?), but as I don't have access to a stock nexus build.prop I don't know what to set...
    Could be that those apps don't like rooted devices.
    I suggest you download xposed framework and install rootcloak. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ginandtonic
    replied
    Is it with the stock minix xmbc? I believe the 002 firmware is shipped with the minix beta 8 version, whereas the stock 1122 with an older version (beta 6?).
    I managed to get round the problem by downgrading to first stock firmware, installing everything I wanted, and then upgrading the firmware from zip file (which keeps all the data, apps and settings), rather than flashing an image .
    So everything working at the moment, but on stock firmware 002.

Leave a comment:

• ntux
    replied
    Hi Bob,

Thanks for the good work on this rom, I have just installed it but did not have the time to test it extensively though...

I tried your nexus spoof, but it seems the device keeps being detected as T-Mobile US model, so I can't install some french tv apps (it seems stock build.prop is also detected as t-mobile)...
    I tried playing with the ro.carrier setting but 'unknown' or 'wifi-only' don't seem to change that (still t-mobile US), and I don't find any build.prop entry that seems to relate to carrier setting...

Do you know how to change that spoof ? Maybe it has to do with the ro.build settings (fingerprint?), but as I don't have access to a stock nexus build.prop I don't know what to set...

Leave a comment:

• ntux
    replied
    Originally posted by ginandtonic View Post
    Yes. you're right, it's the XBMC Youtube add-on which is messed up I think, or maybe something else..

It only seems to happen with the 002 firmware. i have downgraded to official firmware version 20141122 and the problem disappears..
    Is it with the stock minix xmbc? I believe the 002 firmware is shipped with the minix beta 8 version, whereas the stock 1122 with an older version (beta 6?).

Leave a comment:

• ginandtonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    My ROM will have noting to do with those issues my friend.

For anything XBMC or Kodi, you must go to the sources for troubles with that!

My ROM's are base products. But I try to make sure they work the BEST when it comes to XBMC/Kodi. But if you have some issue with those, pretty sure my ROM won't be the cause!

Bob

Yes. you're right, it's the XBMC Youtube add-on which is messed up I think, or maybe something else..

It only seems to happen with the 002 firmware. i have downgraded to official firmware version 20141122 and the problem disappears..
    Last edited by ginandtonic; 01-05-2015, 14:39.

Leave a comment:

• An-Droid
    replied
    About the Google Play screen shown, is it for the US only or also worldwide? I have never encountered this screen in Europe so far.

Leave a comment:

• vxxozxxv
    replied
    Originally posted by WeK05 View Post
    Having the device listed in the Google supported devices list would be the official Google confirmation. Until Minix makes a public statement, there are a few other signs that can be checked: 1) A Top Paid Apps tab in Play Store 2) Download option for Google Play Movies 3) HD option in Google Play Movies etc. The screenshots below are from Nexus 7. I get the same options on my $13 Nobis tablet which is also Google certified.

I cannot see these options on the X8-H. May be some one can check it on the X8-H Plus. Is HDCP fully implemented on the latest X8-H firmware?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9536[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]9537[/ATTACH]
    I just checked on my X8-H Plus running Finless 1.1 ROM, I do not see any of the screens you show on your Nexus 7. I'm guessing there is still some work to be done by Minix to be fully certified by Google. Who knows?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by ginandtonic View Post
    Thank you, Bob.
    Very good work.

I am having problems with Xbmc, can't seem able to install video add-ons, 1-Channel. Navi-X, etc..
    Add-on installation fails or download stops!
    My ROM will have noting to do with those issues my friend.

For anything XBMC or Kodi, you must go to the sources for troubles with that!

My ROM's are base products. But I try to make sure they work the BEST when it comes to XBMC/Kodi. But if you have some issue with those, pretty sure my ROM won't be the cause!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• ginandtonic
    replied
    post deleted
    Last edited by ginandtonic; 01-05-2015, 01:38.

Leave a comment:

• ginandtonic
    replied
    Thank you, Bob.
    Very good work.

I am having problems with Xbmc, can't seem able to install video add-ons, 1-Channel. Navi-X, etc..
    Add-on installation fails or download stops!

Leave a comment:

• amd64
    replied
    Thank you very much, Bob!

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    If you flash the stock IMG it will replace the recovery to stock.

Bob
    Thank you, Bob. God bless you!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X