Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    My new X8 Plus update???

    Hello Bob and forum friends, recently received a H8 Plus, the box has the factory firmware ending in 114 11/14/2014. My question is whether I should first install the stock firmware 002, or 1.0 before installing 1.1 Rom? thanks
    Last edited by yaesu555; 01-04-2015, 07:04.

    Comment


      #17
      how can i rollback minix strock rom?

      Hi! Bob.
      I update your new rom x8-h plus v1.1 finless rom.
      However, how can I rollback minix stock rom?
      minix stock rom is only one img file and burning tool. it's not zip file like as your finless rom.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by yaesu555 View Post
        Hello Bob and forum friends, recently received a H8 Plus, the box has the factory firmware ending in 114 11/14/2014. My question is whether I should first install the stock firmware 002, or 1.0 before installing 1.1 Rom? thanks
        You can flash my ROM directly. No need to make steps.

        Originally posted by amd64 View Post
        Hi! Bob.
        I update your new rom x8-h plus v1.1 finless rom.
        However, how can I rollback minix stock rom?
        minix stock rom is only one img file and burning tool. it's not zip file like as your finless rom.
        Either flash the stock ROM using the burning tool or in a sticky here I also provided 002a as a flashable ZIP.

        Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Finless View Post
          You can flash my ROM directly. No need to make steps.



          Either flash the stock ROM using the burning tool or in a sticky here I also provided 002a as a flashable ZIP.

          Bob
          Thanks Bob!!!

          Comment


            #20
            Do I need to update stock recovery for stock rom img file?

            Originally posted by Finless View Post
            You can flash my ROM directly. No need to make steps.



            Either flash the stock ROM using the burning tool or in a sticky here I also provided 002a as a flashable ZIP.

            Bob
            thanks Bob.
            However, for flash minix strock rom img file by amlogic burning tool, Do I need rollback stock_recovery.zip in twrp?
            I conected usb cable to otg. But, amlogic burning tool doesnt connect m x8-h plus.
            my tv box go to twrp recovery menu.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by amd64 View Post
              thanks Bob.
              However, for flash minix strock rom img file, Do I need rollback stock_recovery.zip in twrp?
              If you flash the stock IMG it will replace the recovery to stock.

              Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





              Comment


                #22
                Thank you very much, Bob!

                Originally posted by Finless View Post
                If you flash the stock IMG it will replace the recovery to stock.

                Bob
                Thank you, Bob. God bless you!!

                Comment


                  #23
                  Thank you, Bob.
                  Very good work.

                  I am having problems with Xbmc, can't seem able to install video add-ons, 1-Channel. Navi-X, etc..
                  Add-on installation fails or download stops!

                  Comment


                    #24
                    post deleted
                    Last edited by ginandtonic; 01-04-2015, 17:38.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by ginandtonic View Post
                      Thank you, Bob.
                      Very good work.

                      I am having problems with Xbmc, can't seem able to install video add-ons, 1-Channel. Navi-X, etc..
                      Add-on installation fails or download stops!
                      My ROM will have noting to do with those issues my friend.

                      For anything XBMC or Kodi, you must go to the sources for troubles with that!

                      My ROM's are base products. But I try to make sure they work the BEST when it comes to XBMC/Kodi. But if you have some issue with those, pretty sure my ROM won't be the cause!

                      Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by WeK05 View Post
                        Having the device listed in the Google supported devices list would be the official Google confirmation. Until Minix makes a public statement, there are a few other signs that can be checked: 1) A Top Paid Apps tab in Play Store 2) Download option for Google Play Movies 3) HD option in Google Play Movies etc. The screenshots below are from Nexus 7. I get the same options on my $13 Nobis tablet which is also Google certified.

                        I cannot see these options on the X8-H. May be some one can check it on the X8-H Plus. Is HDCP fully implemented on the latest X8-H firmware?

                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]9536[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]9537[/ATTACH]
                        I just checked on my X8-H Plus running Finless 1.1 ROM, I do not see any of the screens you show on your Nexus 7. I'm guessing there is still some work to be done by Minix to be fully certified by Google. Who knows?

                        Thanks.
                        Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

                        Comment


                          #27
                          About the Google Play screen shown, is it for the US only or also worldwide? I have never encountered this screen in Europe so far.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            My ROM will have noting to do with those issues my friend.

                            For anything XBMC or Kodi, you must go to the sources for troubles with that!

                            My ROM's are base products. But I try to make sure they work the BEST when it comes to XBMC/Kodi. But if you have some issue with those, pretty sure my ROM won't be the cause!

                            Bob

                            Yes. you're right, it's the XBMC Youtube add-on which is messed up I think, or maybe something else..

                            It only seems to happen with the 002 firmware. i have downgraded to official firmware version 20141122 and the problem disappears..
                            Last edited by ginandtonic; 01-05-2015, 06:39.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by ginandtonic View Post
                              Yes. you're right, it's the XBMC Youtube add-on which is messed up I think, or maybe something else..

                              It only seems to happen with the 002 firmware. i have downgraded to official firmware version 20141122 and the problem disappears..
                              Is it with the stock minix xmbc? I believe the 002 firmware is shipped with the minix beta 8 version, whereas the stock 1122 with an older version (beta 6?).

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Hi Bob,

                                Thanks for the good work on this rom, I have just installed it but did not have the time to test it extensively though...

                                I tried your nexus spoof, but it seems the device keeps being detected as T-Mobile US model, so I can't install some french tv apps (it seems stock build.prop is also detected as t-mobile)...
                                I tried playing with the ro.carrier setting but 'unknown' or 'wifi-only' don't seem to change that (still t-mobile US), and I don't find any build.prop entry that seems to relate to carrier setting...

                                Do you know how to change that spoof ? Maybe it has to do with the ro.build settings (fingerprint?), but as I don't have access to a stock nexus build.prop I don't know what to set...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X