Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ntux View Post
    Is it with the stock minix xmbc? I believe the 002 firmware is shipped with the minix beta 8 version, whereas the stock 1122 with an older version (beta 6?).
    I managed to get round the problem by downgrading to first stock firmware, installing everything I wanted, and then upgrading the firmware from zip file (which keeps all the data, apps and settings), rather than flashing an image .
    So everything working at the moment, but on stock firmware 002.

Comment

Re: NEW - Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the good work on this rom, I have just installed it but did not have the time to test it extensively though...

I tried your nexus spoof, but it seems the device keeps being detected as T-Mobile US model, so I can't install some french tv apps (it seems stock build.prop is also detected as t-mobile)...
      I tried playing with the ro.carrier setting but 'unknown' or 'wifi-only' don't seem to change that (still t-mobile US), and I don't find any build.prop entry that seems to relate to carrier setting...

Do you know how to change that spoof ? Maybe it has to do with the ro.build settings (fingerprint?), but as I don't have access to a stock nexus build.prop I don't know what to set...
      Could be that those apps don't like rooted devices.
      I suggest you download xposed framework and install rootcloak. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        Could be that those apps don't like rooted devices.
        I suggest you download xposed framework and install rootcloak. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
        I know, but the issue is not with the app not launching, or detecting root, but with the play store saying the app is not compatible with my device and not letting me download/install it... If I go to the play store on a computer, it says my spoofed nexus 10 is a "T-Mobile US" one, that's why the french TV app (mycanal) can't be installed on it.

I want to keep the nexus 10 spoof, but just change the carrier setting to have it set global, or whatever it is set when you purchase a regular wifi-only nexus 10 in france...

Comment

I know, but the issue is not with the app not launching, or detecting root, but with the play store saying the app is not compatible with my device and not letting me download/install it... If I go to the play store on a computer, it says my spoofed nexus 10 is a "T-Mobile US" one, that's why the french TV app (mycanal) can't be installed on it.

I want to keep the nexus 10 spoof, but just change the carrier setting to have it set global, or whatever it is set when you purchase a regular wifi-only nexus 10 in france...
          I use an app called market unlocker on my phone, never tried it on X8. Guess it should work --- but...

The apk was removed from play store, it can be downloaded from "http://support.evanhe.com"

Have a look, but you decide if you want to try it. It works fine on my Samsung phone. I use it to spoof onto UK play store, even though I am in China.

Edit. I am not sure if it is working on X8. Just tried but need to use vpn. Google is blocked here in China, so difficult to prove the function currently from within China using Chinese ip address.

Further edit. I just tried installing Canal+ apk. From pc, play store says it is incompatible with device, but using play store directly on my X8-H, it installs and works ok. This is using UK play store over vpn, from China. I did not need to use market unlocker.

Not sure if this helps you! But it does work for me.
          Last edited by BobShanghai; 01-07-2015, 04:49.

Comment

Just got my Neo X8-H Plus in the mail w/ the Neo A2 Lite mouse...........

Okay, after installing Finless 1.1 rom, adding my own custom boot screens, installing my apps, installing SPMC 13.4, adding my custom advancedsettings.xml and guisettings.xml and configuring Google Play, etc.
            All I have to say is, wow! This box is awesome and super fast. I am very happy with my purchase. I've seen the specs on the Tronsmart Draco AW80, it does have usb 3.0 and a SATA connection port. However, if the Tronsmart is faster than the X8-H Plus then so be it. I'm happy with my Minix. SPMC skinned with Aeon Nox = Awesome.

Comment

What kind of advance and gui setting.xml you add.Can you share with it?Thank you.

Comment

I am spoofing the T-Mobile carrier in init.rc which is in boot.img. To remove that would require a modified boot.img.

Next ROM I will give that as an option with my spoof zips.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Last edited by WangChung; 06-15-2017, 02:51.

Comment

hi

can your rom warn us when you have an update?

Comment

Ok so I was wrong in my thread about the remote. This is happening because of this ROM for some strange reason. I flashed back to the stock ROM in your other stickied thread and proceeded to pound the buttons on my sound bar remote 50 times with no problem. So I flashed back to this ROM and the first 2 times I push the button it goes back to sleep.

Is there anyway to fix this? I LOVE the ROM otherwise and don't want to stop using it but this problem has made both the box and my soundbar unusable.

Sound bar is the basic Vizio 2.1 setup and is connected via Digital audio out.

Help me Bob, you're my only hope!

Comment

Black screen on some tv models

Hi Bob

Thanx fore this great new release

I tried the original rom from minix and i tried yours and stil i have a black screen on some tv's witch i never expirienced with my other minix boxes
                        I explained to Minix and this was his answer

We are getting a few reports and all are related to certain Samsung TV models,
                        we found the cause and is solving it.
                        Please be patient, we shall release a fix very soon.

Their TVs are having a bug that I think they won't admit (failed to authenticate HDCP key, we could see that in the debug log), but not on other brands.

The original firmware that came with the box had no problem at al

Maybe you can look in to this ?

Greetz Marcel

Comment

hi

can your rom warn us that there is a new version made by you?
                          or even auto update?

Comment

Hello Bob,
                            Does this rom contain the increase in the TCPIP buffer sizes that you incorporated in your X8-H rom?
                            I have been having an issue with my wifi / ethernet speeds only being less than half of what they should be on the stock rom and was wondering if your rom could solve my problem.
                            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajukenbo View Post
                              Hello Bob,
                              Does this rom contain the increase in the TCPIP buffer sizes that you incorporated in your X8-H rom?
                              I have been having an issue with my wifi / ethernet speeds only being less than half of what they should be on the stock rom and was wondering if your rom could solve my problem.
                              Thank you.
                              Yes that is in this ROM.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

hi

i bought a new sdcard and the system files comes in exFAT, not FAT32.
                                Do i have to format it or THIS new exFAT is good also?

Comment

Working...
                                X