Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deco View Post
    Stantek: you have to flash the full stock rom (003) from here (and erase everything): http://www.minixforum.com/threads/of...nix-fota.4052/
    (there's a link to full rar with burning tool)

or wait for Bob to make a finless 003

-Deco
    I'm on the Minix Forums and I already knew about the stock (003) rom. However, this update is less than 80 megs so I thought that this is a different update than the 003 new stock rom. Also, I think Bob should edit the build prop or something to keep the rom from receiving updates that will crash his rom. Someone may run these updates by mistake. Deco, I get pm's from other users all the time -> http://www.minixforum.com/conversati...-this-box.775/

Comment

Yeah I'm also waiting on the Finless Rom 003 based to see if it fixes HDMI flickering.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Been sick all week but of course I will be doing a ROM based on 003.

Bob
        I knew we could rely on you. Bob. Great.

BTW an modded update.zip without the system checks will do as well.

Comment

i just wonder if putting back stock recovery on your 1.1 rom, would make it possible to do their FOTA, then put TWRP back after?, or would i just get all their extra apps and stuff again that way (if it would even work)

-Deco

Comment

Do you have to be unroot and have firmware installed before installing the firmware 003 or is it like a full build rather than an upgrade? Or rather should I say how much Finless Rom would we lose if one where to decide to revert back to firmware. I know there are some multi rom options out that could manage both the Rom's at the same time but who is putting out more updates or will there ever be a LTS version not sure if Chinese dev's even use software versioning names like LTS. Any Minix Chinese dev's out there that want to reply or do any of them ever browse here?

Comment

Originally posted by barrybsmith View Post
              Do you have to be unroot and have firmware installed before installing the firmware 003 or is it like a full build rather than an upgrade? Or rather should I say how much Finless Rom would we lose if one where to decide to revert back to firmware. I know there are some multi rom options out that could manage both the Rom's at the same time but who is putting out more updates or will there ever be a LTS version not sure if Chinese dev's even use software versioning names like LTS. Any Minix Chinese dev's out there that want to reply or do any of them ever browse here?
              Unrooting is unnecessary. All stock roms are unrooted. When you install a rom it wipes your drive clean and installs its on OS system on the drive. You don't want a dual OS system on these boxes. It's a waste of space. Listen, once you start using custom roms, you would want to stick with them because they are better than stock roms. However, once you find a custom rom that works for you, you don't have to update your rom every time a new one comes out, lol. A lot of us do it for testing and know how to restore back to their old rom if they don't like the new one.

Comment

Re: NEW - Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

Been sick all week but of course I will be doing a ROM based on 003.

Bob
                Got an patreon account?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nah Bob just need a couple of tylenol and a 6-pack of buds and he's alive and kicking again

Comment

Originally posted by Deco View Post
                    Nah Bob just need a couple of tylenol and a 6-pack of buds and he's alive and kicking again
                    Haha

Just wanted to motivate him some more. Would maybe be nice to have 100-200 users donate 1$ a month?

Get well soon

Comment

Originally posted by StanTek View Post
                      Unrooting is unnecessary. All stock roms are unrooted. When you install a rom it wipes your drive clean and installs its on OS system on the drive. You don't want a dual OS system on these boxes. It's a waste of space. Listen, once you start using custom roms, you would want to stick with them because they are better than stock roms. However, once you find a custom rom that works for you, you don't have to update your rom every time a new one comes out, lol. A lot of us do it for testing and know how to restore back to their old rom if they don't like the new one.
                      StanTek, Thanks for the info...

Comment

PLEASE NOTE:
                        Minix has now been Google certified. What this means is special keys have been flashed to NAND.
                        The kernel checks these keys and if they are not right it wont boot.
                        Because of this, the stock recovery will ONLY boot from NAND memory.
                        It will not boot the stock recovery from SDcard!
                        If you are on a pre-11/22 ROM then to flash my ROM you need the recovery.img I provide in this ZIP on Sdcard.
                        The one in NAND memory pre-11/22 does not work (blank screen).
                        What I have done is put a non-locked kernel in this recovery and in the TWRP recovery I provide.
                        These work fine from SDcard or NAND.
                        I'm on 20141122 NEO X8-H Plus stock rom can anyone tell me how to flash this roms? The notes up there seem to assume that we know the general process, which most people here do but I'm kind of starting to mess with my minix just now

I'm familiar with changing roms on my phone but the minix is somewhat different. Any information would be appreciated!

Comment

I downloaded the rom and read the README. If I'm on a 11/22 stock rom do I still need to copy the recovery.img to SD card? I don't know if it doesn't hurt to have it there regardless of rom or if its just for pre-11/22 roms specifically.

Comment

I always use a USB stick to flash finless roms.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rpgmaker View Post
                              I downloaded the rom and read the README. If I'm on a 11/22 stock rom do I still need to copy the recovery.img to SD card? I don't know if it doesn't hurt to have it there regardless of rom or if its just for pre-11/22 roms specifically.
                              It wont hurt, the after 11/22 just won't use it. Put it on there to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinB63 View Post
                                It wont hurt, the after 11/22 just won't use it. Put it on there to be sure.
                                Reporting back.. I did put the recovery.img there and could flash the rom without issue using option 1 on the READ_FIRST.txt. Thanks!

My first observation is that the rom boots really fast compared to the stock rom. Don't know if this comes from mainline 002 since I never did upgrade to that one but I doubt it.

I do have a question though (standard one I try to find out after messing with custom roms), how can I go back to stock minix? For example, if I wanted to install the stock 003 can I install it on my machine using the "USB burning tool" official method without issues? Since the recoveries are changed I'm not sure...

Comment

Working...
                                X