Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rpgmaker View Post
    Reporting back.. I did put the recovery.img there and could flash the rom without issue using option 1 on the READ_FIRST.txt. Thanks!

My first observation is that the rom boots really fast compared to the stock rom. Don't know if this comes from mainline 002 since I never did upgrade to that one but I doubt it.

I do have a question though (standard one I try to find out after messing with custom roms), how can I go back to stock minix? For example, if I wanted to install the stock 003 can I install it on my machine using the "USB burning tool" official method without issues? Since the recoveries are changed I'm not sure...
    In the folder "flash_recovery" (in the download) there is a stock recovery zip file. You can install this before going back to stock.

Can't really think why you would want to though.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinB63 View Post
      In the folder "flash_recovery" (in the download) there is a stock recovery zip file. You can install this before going back to stock.

Can't really think why you would want to though.
      I just want to know. Also sometimes some things may act out and you may want to see if it happens on stock too. Just yesterday my minix with finless rom froze and I had to unplug it in order to restart it... it was the first time that I had to do that. I'm still chalking it up to a fluke though.

Comment

Hey,

Really like your firmware, and was wondering if you got an ETA on the new version based on the 003 from minix?

anyways, keep up the good work

Comment

Hello and excuse for the newbie question: I've seen that exists a Finless 2.0a ROM, too.
          It's for another specific device, right?

The Finless 1.1 ROM is ONLY for MiniX NEO X8-H Plus, right?

This ROM is based on 001 version of the stock Minix ROM or is a completely different ROM done ad hoc for this device?

Thanks,
          ghale

Comment

begginer

can you help me?
            i installed it fine.
            is it rooted?
            i tried installing xmodgames but nothing
            i mod clash of clans but when i try to launch clash of clans it freezes and does nothing
            can you help me?

Comment

In Recovery Mode.

Tried to install Finless 1.1 Rombut booted to recovery. I cant seem to choose Apply updated from EXT. The remote doesn't work and I tried an usb mouse and that doesn't work. Any ideas?

If I unplug at this time would I damage my box?

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by ghale View Post
                Hello and excuse for the newbie question: I've seen that exists a Finless 2.0a ROM, too.
                It's for another specific device, right?

The Finless 1.1 ROM is ONLY for MiniX NEO X8-H Plus, right?

This ROM is based on 001 version of the stock Minix ROM or is a completely different ROM done ad hoc for this device?

Thanks,
                ghale

Bob give complete instructions on which devices uses his ROMS. Read.

Comment

Originally posted by StanTek View Post
                  Bob give complete instructions on which devices uses his ROMS. Read.
                  Sorry StanTek, I thought you were answering my question.

I followed exactly what he said in the read me file within his minix_neox8hplus_finless11rom zip. I have a Minix Neo X8-h Plus. I'm posting in the correct thread. I HAVE READ.

Option 2:
                  MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE A USB OTG CABLE CONNECTED!
                  1) With the SDcard in your X8 go to APPS and you will see an Update APP. Run this APP.
                  2) Click the select button and it should list the file neox8plus_finless_1_0.zip. Select it.
                  3) Click the Update button.
                  4) The system should reboot and automatically install the update.
                  If it does it will reboot when done and the ROM is installed and your done!
                  If it boots to the recovery menu (it does this sometimes and I don't know why) then follow these steps.
                  5) You will need a mouse! Be careful the mouse input is extremely sensitive! Select "Apply updated from EXT",
                  6) Now select SDcard and you should see the file neox8plus_finless_1_0.zip. Select it.
                  7) Recovery will install the update and drop you to the main recovery menu.
                  You will see messages I have added about what it is doing. Watch for errors.
                  8) Select Reboot Now and the system will reboot and the ROM will be installed.
                  Enjoy your done!
                  Last edited by MarkZeds; 03-03-2015, 04:28.

Comment

I guess I didn't read enough. I just took it for granted that I needed the recovery file on my USB to flash. Since my rom was 11/22 and have already flashed with the 002 firmware from Minix, no need for it. It tells me the the installation has been aborted. If I unplug to reboot I should be fine?

That's the question.

Tks
                    MarkZeds

Comment

Originally posted by MarkZeds View Post
                      I guess I didn't read enough. I just took it for granted that I needed the recovery file on my USB to flash. Since my rom was 11/22 and have already flashed with the 002 firmware from Minix, no need for it. It tells me the the installation has been aborted. If I unplug to reboot I should be fine?

That's the question.

Tks
                      MarkZeds
                      Reformat your miniSD card and put the files on there including the recovery file. If you still get aborted errors the box doesn't like that miniSD card you are using so hopefully you have more than one of them. Do not use a USB drive or stick to flash your box.

Comment

I used a SD card instead of an USB to flash and everything is fine. I'm looking at Finless space background.

By flashing with Finless rom, does it delete xbmc from the apps? Edit: In removed apps.

Thanks for your help.
                        Last edited by MarkZeds; 03-03-2015, 13:07.

Comment

help

Unrooting is unnecessary. All stock roms are unrooted. When you install a rom it wipes your drive clean and installs its on OS system on the drive. You don't want a dual OS system on these boxes. It's a waste of space. Listen, once you start using custom roms, you would want to stick with them because they are better than stock roms. However, once you find a custom rom that works for you, you don't have to update your rom every time a new one comes out, lol. A lot of us do it for testing and know how to restore back to their old rom if they don't like the new one.
                          can xmodgames be installed and work in android games?

Comment

Overclock

FYI:

For some of you Overclocker's out there, I've been testing the "NoFrills" CPU Control" and it works on this Rom. It allows you to change the low frequency setting and it sticks. I'm using the Interactive Governor, max frequency 1992 gigahertz and low frequency 1296 gigahertz with no change in temperature at 86F.

Thanx

Comment

I loaded it and it work well, thanks!!!

One big item on the wish list: Is there a way to make the audio output selection between HDMI and S/PDIF separately?
                              e.g. HDMI = PCM, S/PDIF= pass-through.

Reason is, all other device I have are set up this way.
                              HDMI go to TV
                              S/PDIF go to Receiver
                              When I want to watch TV at night, I just don't turn on the receiver and use my headphone that connected to the TV.

All my device can do this, except X8-H Plus.

Comment

root and xmodgames

with this rom the minix is like a rooted phone?

can i install xmodgames?

Comment

Working...
                                X