Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried... and panicked

Hey Bob,

I'm worried you're going to tell me something bad.. but here goes.

I have a defective Minix X8-h, so I need to return it. In attempts to see if the operating system was part of the problem I flashed it with your image, but now that it didn't work, and I have to return it, I have to reflash it back to stock.

I'm trying to use the full system image on the Minix site but it keeps stopping at 5% and now wont even boot into your image.

Any ideas as to how I can recover?

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Yes you can restore your stuff from 1.0 to 1.1 using TWRP.
    BUT DO NOT restore SYSTEM. Only restore DATA.
    If you restore SYSTEM it will take you back to 1.0.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by johnson6708 View Post
      Hey Bob,

I'm worried you're going to tell me something bad.. but here goes.

I have a defective Minix X8-h, so I need to return it. In attempts to see if the operating system was part of the problem I flashed it with your image, but now that it didn't work, and I have to return it, I have to reflash it back to stock.

I'm trying to use the full system image on the Minix site but it keeps stopping at 5% and now wont even boot into your image.

Any ideas as to how I can recover?
      You are in the wrong forum. This is for the X8-H Plus. You may be trying to flash with the wrong firmware.

Comment

My bad... I actually have the X8-H Plus.... sorry

Comment

Hello,
          are you planning to compile a firmware based on the Minix 003 release? I tried to update using the box but it doesn't allow me.
          Thank you

Comment

Yes but due to some issues with 003 my understanding is there will be a release soon. So I am waiting for that.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Yes but due to some issues with 003 my understanding is there will be a release soon. So I am waiting for that.

Bob
              Have you read this from official sources? In a thread here a user seemed to tell you of this alleged upcoming quick update but later realized that what he read was about the x8-h, not the Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by rpgmaker View Post
                Have you read this from official sources? In a thread here a user seemed to tell you of this alleged upcoming quick update but later realized that what he read was about the x8-h, not the Plus.
                So I cannot keep up on everything that goes on in the Minix forum but does 003 for the Plus also have the CIFS issue? If so that means a update is coming.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

So I cannot keep up on everything that goes on in the Minix forum but does 003 for the Plus also have the CIFS issue? If so that means a update is coming.
                  I don't really know. Lately I mostly visit this forums to see if you posted a new version of the rom.

Comment

finless, if you do a new rom, please warn here.
                    i have always this page openned to see when you say something.
                    thanks for all your hard work

Comment

Waiting for the 003 release too. Got the stock ROM now but I really need the CIFS support.
                      Don't know if to wait for the Finless ROM with 003 or just install Finless 1.1

Comment

hey people,

what is the prob with cifs? i have 003 rooted running on my x8h+. no problem. it was a bit tricky because of multiuser-stuff and namespaces and all but i got it working here. for whatever reason not via initd but with smanager that executes a script to do my mounts. heavy data-trafic there too because of my pvr-backend (tvheadend) running on the x8h+ but storing and playback of recordings from/to my nas...
                        i would love to know what problem you are talking about then...
                        cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mic View Post
                          hey people,

what is the prob with cifs? i have 003 rooted running on my x8h+. no problem. it was a bit tricky because of multiuser-stuff and namespaces and all but i got it working here. for whatever reason not via initd but with smanager that executes a script to do my mounts. heavy data-trafic there too because of my pvr-backend (tvheadend) running on the x8h+ but storing and playback of recordings from/to my nas...
                          i would love to know what problem you are talking about then...
                          cheers
                          Nice! Would like that too. I have mine rooted too but I cant get it working.
                          I used CifsManager etc. I used the command "su --mount-master -c busybox mount -t cifs -o username=****,password=****,iocharset=utf8,file_mo de=0777,dir_mode=0777,gid=10092,uid=10092 //<IP>/<SHARENAME> /data/media/0/<name> in a terminal. All without result.

I''ve already posted a lot of issues on the minix forum, see the link.
                          Everytime I get the error "Mount operation failed with an error. Mount now in progress." and as far as I can see on forums and stuff only people with the finless or custom roms have got cifs working.
                          Does anyone know how to mount a shared drive from the network on the Minix 8H-Plus? I got mine rooted and installed Cifs manager, but it keeps giving me...

Comment

By the way, minix has released the 004 firmware: http://minixforum.com/threads/offici...nix-fota.5196/ but I didn't see any mention of the CIFS issue. Are we sure that they are going to be doing something about that or that the issue is with this device?
                            Dear all NEO X8-H Plus users, (Please note that this firmware is for X8-H PLUS only, it does not work with X8, X8 PLUS or X8-H) Official 004 firmware has...

Comment

sorry for putting this in the totally wrong thread but it started here....

Here how i got my CIFS up an running on x8h+ with 003 and rooted using update.zip:

put this:
                              su --mount-master -c busybox mount -t cifs -o username=xxx,password=xxx,iocharset=utf8,file_mode =0777,dir_mode=0777,gid=1009,uid=10092 //yourshare /sdcard/yourmountpoint
                              into a script that gets executed by smanager after boot is complete.
                              acces the mount via:
                              /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

i use rootbrowser to create links to my shares on the homescreen for easy access. any app should be able to access them too using the given path -> /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

feedback pls

Comment

Because of the su --mount-master I think you talk about the Finless way to root?

No need to create /sdcard/yourmountpoint (/mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint) before you run the script the first time?

Anyway, THX for the right/correct version of the mount statement
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                                X