No announcement yet.

Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just create a dir in /sdcard/yourmountpoint and do the mount according to it. access later via /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

/sdcard/yourmountpoint IS SAME AS /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

because of namespaces it seems to be important to do it like this. i fail doing the mount with init.d. i think for exactly the same reason of namespaces. something seems to be incomplete or buggy in busybox or supersu. no idea exactly. actually i dont care ... it works ^^

(since i went from finless to 003 a while ago i cant remember really but i think with finless i managed to do the mount with init.d and access directly with /sdcard/mountpoint)

rooted using update-gufone-root-x8.zip from minixforum.com
    Last edited by mic; 04-11-2015, 23:09.

Comment

Originally posted by mic View Post
      just create a dir in /sdcard/yourmountpoint and do the mount according to it. access later via /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

/sdcard/yourmountpoint IS SAME AS /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

because of namespaces it seems to be important to do it like this. i fail doing the mount with init.d. i think for exactly the same reason of namespaces. something seems to be incomplete or buggy in busybox or supersu. no idea exactly. actually i dont care ... it works ^^

(since i went from finless to 003 a while ago i cant remember really but i think with finless i managed to do the mount with init.d and access directly with /sdcard/mountpoint)

rooted using update-gufone-root-x8.zip from minixforum.com

I got the mount working with stock ROM too now on my rooted box. Installed an SSH server instead of doing it directly in a terminal emulator on android.
      Logged in and executed the command as specified by mic.
      Now I only have to do the scripts still.
      But yeah, Finless rom not needed for CIFS then.

Comment

Hello. Just checking if there is any update on a new Finless ROM for the Minix X8-H Plus as Minix recently posted firmware 004. I'm still rocking this ROM and it's been good, interested in later release with any bug fix or performance improvements. Thank you for all the hard work on these ROM's.

Minix X8-H Plus - Finless 1.1 ROM
        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

I will be working on it this weekend and next week.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Sweet.

Thanks Bob for creating and upgrading this ROM.

Just got the X8H-Plus a week ago and really like the box.
            Currently running stock version 004 and interested in exploring if I can etch out a few more Mbit/sec on Wireless 802.11ac AND explorer why a SanDisk Extreme Plus 96/61MB r/w (as seen via CrystalDisk on Win8.1 PC) only returns 10MB r/w when the 12GB flash (sdcard0) on the Minix box can get 25MB r/w.

The low IO is seen on "A1 SD Bench" app and via ftp get/put from a QNAP server.

Maybe Finless Bob could have a passing look at sdcard IO if something simple like caching/buffers could be improved.

Thanks, you're a star.

Update

WiFi at approx 80-85Mbits/sec is capping IO to the X8H-Plus.
            A1 SD Bench seems to be misleading as a local LAN NAS can obtain 29/14MB/sec read/write to the external SD card using the 1Gbit Ethernet interface.
            Last edited by Dr Goodvibes; 04-28-2015, 02:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless
              I will be working on it this weekend and next week.

Bob
              Thank you Bob, it's great keeping these boxes updated. I look forward to testing the new release.

Minix X8-H Plus - Finless 1.1 ROM
              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

ok so i read , have minix neo 8 plus which firmware can i use from finless ?

in bob's instructions says Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]12-29-2014, 10:49 AM[/COLOR]

OK folks, with the release of new firmware 12/25 for the X8 Plus, here is my new 1.1 ROM.

on second line did he just forget to add the H ?

just dont want to brick neo 8 plus

Comment

Yes it's a typo

We have to wait :'(
                  Last edited by An-Droid; 05-03-2015, 18:30.

Comment

thanks an-droid for the fast response , what are you using on yours ?

Comment

I'm using the original 004A (via update and FOTA) at the box
                      http://minixforum.com/threads/offici...nix-fota.5196/
                      http://minixforum.com/threads/offici...nix-fota.5543/

If you are at an older FW without FOTA you should have a look at http://minixforum.com/threads/before...ead-this.3052/
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

There is now version: 005 available for the Minix NEO X8-H Plus
                        http://www.minixforum.com/threads/of...20150506.5780/

Comment

It would be nice if we had more guys that can create these custom roms.

Comment

I know asking for ETA's is frowned upon, but last post from bon is dated April 16. Anyone know is he has started working on updating this Rom. I have brand new X8-H plus sealed waiting for the rom update.

Comment

[Sorry, wrong thread]

Comment

Beggars can't be choosers... So I think Bob's probably pissed off at every1 just asking for free all the times. His time is very precious and his work is very decent... So I say we donate whatever we can afford to boost his motivation.... what you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                                X