Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    So anyone ready for a new ROM?

Time for me to get back into it from a break for a while. I see Minix has pretty much released a final ROM for this box so.... Finless ROM time

Well unless no one is left out there?

Bob
    BOB !!! This is sweet sound for my ears! I were impatient hearing news from You! And just having the best for my NEW Minix!
    So, it's a godo news and awaiting for your ROM!

Bye from Caput Mundi
    Luigi

Comment

Ready for the next Finless rom. 😆

Comment

Holy santa! thats an xmas present! ready aint the right word... i am craving for it.
        and its great to hear that you are actually alive bob! cheers!

Comment

Great to hear there is life for our awesome Minix box. Would love to see Lollipop run on it. Any chance to take up that challenge Bob? I would love to help test that out and give feedback.
          Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

Hello Bob,
            My recovery doesn't recognize my SDcard and tells me that it's not mounted. I can see the files in the OS though using any explorer like ES Explorer.
            So my question is: Is there any other way to flash this?

Can I use USB Burning tool?
            Last edited by ali.ee; 12-24-2015, 19:57. Reason: adding more questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              So anyone ready for a new ROM?

Time for me to get back into it from a break for a while. I see Minix has pretty much released a final ROM for this box so.... Finless ROM time

Well unless no one is left out there?

Bob

Finless!!! Welcome back, you have been sorely missed!! I'm still rocking one of your old Roms for the Neo X8-h over here.

I like the sounds of a brand new base version from Minix, but I like the sound of a new Finless ROM even more!

Comment

Hello finless.. I recently gotten a x8-h plus and it is good, I have it running your rom, I am happy to hear you are upgrading the rom.. hopefully if will fix my ntfs/ mount problem, can't mount E or something like that.. just happened out of the blue. Was reading my 4tb drive fine, the one day just had problems.. I had to ADB side load your rom to install.. it won't let from a USB.. IDK!!
                Last edited by derekdauzat; 01-05-2016, 12:30.

Comment

oh come on! are you reading things at all? waiting for new update as basis for the new rom. which part of that is so hard to understand? and people like you asking for eta all the fxxxing time without even doing anything productive anyways make me wanna throw up!!!

sorry all others, couldnt help myself...

Comment

008 is out!
                    minix just uploaded the system image:

Comment

Great news! Now Bob's got something to work with .

Comment

rooting of 008 works the same way as before via update.zip ^^

Comment

Just a tad excited with the prospect of a new Finless X8H-Plus ROM.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I'm ready for new ROM.
                            Thank you, Bob!

Comment

Finless - Let us know if you need any testing done. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Minix has included a few 'extras' in the later versions of there firmware for the NEO X8H-Plus.
                                Most notability:

Ethernet disguised as WiFi
                                Samba Server

While this is applauded when the focus is strongly against having root access and supported by Minix, it falls by the wayside when using a Finless ROM with root access.
                                There are many other tools available for SMB and “Fake WiFi” that provide a more mature configuration when a NEO X8H-Plus has root access.

Is it possible to remove these 'features' and just go with a cleaner build?

My reasons are very selfish as prior to Minix “Ethernet disguised as WiFi” I could use an Xposed module, which would also allow WiFi Analyzer to monitor/graph WiFi SSID and etc, when using Ethernet.
                                This is not possible now that Minix has included their “Ethernet disguised as WiFi” feature.

Update (30-Jan-2016) - My bad, all you need is to enable wifi -> Advance -> Scanning always available and have Minix v008 or Xposed Fake WiFi installed.
                                So Minix hasn't nobbled anything and we still get WiFi while it's switched off and Ethernet is the only active physical connection.
                                Last edited by Dr Goodvibes; 01-30-2016, 05:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X