Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Goodvibes View Post
    Minix has included a few 'extras' in the later versions of there firmware for the NEO X8H-Plus.
    Most notability:

Ethernet disguised as WiFi
    Samba Server

While this is applauded when the focus is strongly against having root access and supported by Minix, it falls by the wayside when using a Finless ROM with root access.
    There are many other tools available for SMB and “Fake WiFi” that provide a more mature configuration when a NEO X8H-Plus has root access.

Is it possible to remove these 'features' and just go with a cleaner build?

My reasons are very selfish as prior to Minix “Ethernet disguised as WiFi” I could use an Xposed module, which would also allow WiFi Analyzer to monitor/graph WiFi SSID and etc, when using Ethernet.
    This is not possible now that Minix has included their “Ethernet disguised as WiFi” feature.

I was actually looking to get the functionality on the Minix for Ethernet disguised as WiFi. Perhaps I just didn't know how to get that to work in the Finless 1.1 build of ROM I currently use. Could you elaborate some Dr Goodvibes?

Thanks.
    Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

Originally posted by vxxozxxv View Post
      I was actually looking to get the functionality on the Minix for Ethernet disguised as WiFi. Perhaps I just didn't know how to get that to work in the Finless 1.1 build of ROM I currently use. Could you elaborate some Dr Goodvibes?
      Thanks.
      It's easy. Just download and install the Xposed Framework and then search the "Browse Modules" list for "Fake WiFi Connection" by LemonSqueeze and download it.
      Install Xposed Installer and click on the Framework option. click on "Install/Update" for the first time and then reboot.

Install Fake WiFi apk and then within Xposed go to modules and activate Fake WiFi. Another reboot is required for Fake WiFi to be enabled.

Now you can enable those applications within the fake WiFi module that require WiFi.
      WiFi Analyzer does not require to be enabled to work, it just needs the Fake WiFi module to be enabled.

Then test. I use Tapatalk and Sony TV SideView as I know Sony TV Sideview can not be used on Ethernet.
      With Xposed you should be able to start a Sony TV from standby and change channels.

If you're 'very' lucky you should also be able to start WiFi Analyzer and monitor your WiFi network while you are connected to a LAN via Ethernet.

Update (30-Jan-2016) - No luck involved, all you need is to enable wifi -> Advance -> Scanning always available and have Minix v008 or Xposed Fake WiFi installed.

Good luck.
      Last edited by Dr Goodvibes; 01-30-2016, 05:42.

Comment

Hi Finless,
        I would be really awesome, if you could solve this two issues which still exist in latest orginal X8-H plus firmware:
        - Amazon video app not working (browsing OK, but no video can be started. Short spinner and back to movie list)
        - Sometimes black screens on life TV channel switching with TvHeadEnd. (there are some post of me in Minix forum regarding this problem)
        Thank you
        rom69

Comment

Originally posted by rom69 View Post
          Hi Finless,
          I would be really awesome, if you could solve this two issues which still exist in latest orginal X8-H plus firmware:
          - Amazon video app not working (browsing OK, but no video can be started. Short spinner and back to movie list)
          - Sometimes black screens on life TV channel switching with TvHeadEnd. (there are some post of me in Minix forum regarding this problem)
          Thank you
          rom69

and i think that ive got it circled in a litle too. at least the thing with random blackscreens when switching channels. posted my research results on minixforum: http://minixforum.com/threads/bugtra...fw.9996/page-3 (my nickname there is sampleee)

Comment

If we were waiting for the latest version of Minix X8H-Plus before Finless did his magic... Guess the wait just got extended a bit.
            Indications are that there will be a new build for the Minix X8H-Plus superseding the existing fw version 008 (201512312)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Goodvibes
              If we were waiting for the latest version of Minix X8H-Plus before Finless did his magic... Guess the wait just got extended a bit.
              Indications are that there will be a new build for the Minix X8H-Plus superseding the existing fw version 008 (201512312)

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/go...e-4#post-82835
              Glad to hear! Seems like they are have issues with 008.@finless, we are all patiently awaiting your greatness. +1

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

hey all,

i am sorry for this beeing totally off topic but i really think people should know. and i am sure most people passing by here are following the 008 bugtracker over at minixforum too.
                i got a lot involved at minixforum lately. i am in fact very mad because livetv in kodi still doesnt work. please take a look at the 008 thread over there.
                what minix just did to me, in fact it was ken: they banned me from their forum! this is how minix treats customers that get involved in bugfixing. they sell super-buggy stuff wrapped up in a fancy housing. and when there are problems popping up they ban people who speak out loud whats going on. i clearly see personal consequences of my own to that action.
                thats it. just wanted everybody to know about the great support of minix.

cheers
                sampleee

Comment

Originally posted by mic View Post
                  hey all,

i am sorry for this beeing totally off topic but i really think people should know. and i am sure most people passing by here are following the 008 bugtracker over at minixforum too.
                  i got a lot involved at minixforum lately. i am in fact very mad because livetv in kodi still doesnt work. please take a look at the 008 thread over there.
                  what minix just did to me, in fact it was ken: they banned me from their forum! this is how minix treats customers that get involved in bugfixing. they sell super-buggy stuff wrapped up in a fancy housing. and when there are problems popping up they ban people who speak out loud whats going on. i clearly see personal consequences of my own to that action.
                  thats it. just wanted everybody to know about the great support of minix.

cheers
                  sampleee
                  Iv heard of a few people that have been banned just like you have for the same thing it a shame they do this but rest assured we at freaktab welcome both good and bad feedback here that's how things get fixed.
                  Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I don't use my MINIX X8-H often, but it seems to be working well with version 8. Now that we get FREE registration of Vidon, my Blu-Ray rips play with true HD audio.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Oh Mic.. spring is comming, go find a girl, take her out, enjoy the wonders of the wildlife outside of your room for a change, and oh yeah stay on topic and follow the rules, then im sure no1 is banning you anywhere , have you considered that your problem might not really be a bug report, more a personal problem that is not related to either minix or kodi but the actual add-on or source you're trying to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post

Iv heard of a few people that have been banned just like you have for the same thing it a shame they do this but rest assured we at freaktab welcome both good and bad feedback here that's how things get fixed.

thanks for you trying to calm me down. it helped a little ^^

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                          I don't use my MINIX X8-H often, but it seems to be working well with version 8. Now that we get FREE registration of Vidon, my Blu-Ray rips play with true HD audio.

despite this is all about x8h "+"...

and i dont want to attack anyone here including clarkss12...

and to be honest i am partly refering to pre 008:

- netflix not working right (minor prob to me. but still: sound aint 100%. and of course no HD.... yeah not minixes fault....sure....)
                          - amazon video not working... i belive at all! propably minix aint respnsible for that of course.
                          - youtube problems of all kinds (i believe most of it about resolution). damned google ^^ hail minix.
                          - pvr in kodi not working right. i am talking about ALL clients! including simple iptv (or whatever its called). propably .ts files in general dont even play right.
                          i am sure the buglist ist far bigger than these few items. propably bigger than the list of features the f-ing box was advertised for when i bought it back a year ago.

sure! if i buy a 500hp maserati for doing daily shopping i would be happy with not beeing able to go faster than 50kmh because they mounted bicycle wheels... accidentally... without a clue how to replace them...
                          but it is a god damned maserati with 500hp! i wanna go on a autobahn! damned.

the box seems to be working well? i dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Deco View Post
                            Oh Mic.. spring is comming, go find a girl, take her out, enjoy the wonders of the wildlife outside of your room for a change, and oh yeah stay on topic and follow the rules, then im sure no1 is banning you anywhere , have you considered that your problem might not really be a bug report, more a personal problem that is not related to either minix or kodi but the actual add-on or source you're trying to watch?

yes it became personal to me. you are right. how would it not? ken told me that minix cant do anything about the pvr-bugs. why would he delete that very statement an hour later? they are fooling people. how can i not take this personal? i payed for a working product and am now investing my personal time in bugfixing... since 12 month...why?!?
                            technically: yes i did consider everything and came to a conclusion (take a look at the thread at minixforum if you are interested).
                            and it is ridiculous anyways that you have to root your box in the first place in order to get rid of bugs that are not even bugs. eg spoofing for youtube resolutions.....

positive about all this is that this thread got revived. and there is other content except than people asking bob for an eta all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mic View Post

despite this is all about x8h "+"...

and i dont want to attack anyone here including clarkss12...

and to be honest i am partly refering to pre 008:

- netflix not working right (minor prob to me. but still: sound aint 100%. and of course no HD.... yeah not minixes fault....sure....)
                              - amazon video not working... i belive at all! propably minix aint respnsible for that of course.
                              - youtube problems of all kinds (i believe most of it about resolution). damned google ^^ hail minix.
                              - pvr in kodi not working right. i am talking about ALL clients! including simple iptv (or whatever its called). propably .ts files in general dont even play right.
                              i am sure the buglist ist far bigger than these few items. propably bigger than the list of features the f-ing box was advertised for when i bought it back a year ago.

sure! if i buy a 500hp maserati for doing daily shopping i would be happy with not beeing able to go faster than 50kmh because they mounted bicycle wheels... accidentally... without a clue how to replace them...
                              but it is a god damned maserati with 500hp! i wanna go on a autobahn! damned.

the box seems to be working well? i dont think so.
                              I guess I should have been more specific, I have the Minix X8H +. Been sick for a few days, so not thinking clearly yet.
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Goodvibes View Post
                                While this is applauded when the focus is strongly against having root access and supported by Minix, it falls by the wayside when using a Finless ROM with root access.
                                There are many other tools available for SMB and “Fake WiFi” that provide a more mature configuration when a NEO X8H-Plus has root access.
                                I find it very annoying that companies can sell products without you having root (Admin) access to them. Especially cell phones to which you can pay upwards to $1000 dollars and basically you have "Power User" access to it. Imagine buying a computer with a Microsoft Operating System to which you are not the Admin and you have to rely on Microsoft for configurations, installations, customizations. tweaking, etc. Minix knows that the majority of their sales are coming from customers that want to access entertainment freely. However they don't cater to us. If you purchase a Minix box to play video games like Nintendo, SNES, PS2, etc that still may be frowned upon by some people and or companies. Anyway, these Android TV box companies better get their crap together before a Smart TV comes out in all screen sizes running the latest Android OS with more memory, disk space and a faster processor to which you can root it and configure it however you want. What will Minix do then?
                                When you cater to the mass, you keep loyal customers.

***Finless***
                                Status on the new Neo X7, H8 and H8Plus roms? We are dying here. I will even test your betas. Please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X