Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I guess I should have been more specific, I have the Minix X8H +. Been sick for a few days, so not thinking clearly yet.
    Minix will continue to have problems with their non-rooted devices period. You even have some people brained washed into thinking rooting (having Admin access) to your device is a bad thing. However, its not bad to have Admin access to your computer, lmao. It's the same thing. I don't use Minix's non-rooted roms, it's a waste of hardware. Their non-rooted roms do not fully utilize the capabilities of the Minix X8H+. My X7 and X8H+ boxes run so freak'n sweet. I use "Finless" roms because of the latest Android versions he uses, plus his customizations and I still add my own.
    P.S. Netflix, Amazon, Kodi (Isengard) and Youtube runs with little to no issues on my boxes.
    Tip: For those of you that use Addons for watching TV Shows and Movies other than the one's mentioned above. I would suggest creating a "Free" account on "RealDebrid" and configure your addons to access that account for better streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by StanTek View Post

Minix will continue to have problems with their non-rooted devices period. You even have some people brained washed into thinking rooting (having Admin access) to your device is a bad thing. However, its not bad to have Admin access to your computer, lmao. It's the same thing. I don't use Minix's non-rooted roms, it's a waste of hardware. Their non-rooted roms do not fully utilize the capabilities of the Minix X8H+. My X7 and X8H+ boxes run so freak'n sweet. I use "Finless" roms because of the latest Android versions he uses, plus his customizations and I still add my own.
      P.S. Netflix, Amazon, Kodi (Isengard) and Youtube runs with little to no issues on my boxes.
      Tip: For those of you that use Addons for watching TV Shows and Movies other than the one's mentioned above. I would suggest creating a "Free" account on "RealDebrid" and configure your addons to access that account for better streaming.
      ????????
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12

????????
        Rofl

But I agree. Non-rooting is non-sense.
        There just are so many cool things you can not have without root:
        Titanium backup
        Native mounts
        Automated reboots
        Spoofing of device id
        Hosting servers like PVR
        Ssh
        Scripts (... Init.d)
        Exposed
        But for people who don't event know what all this is, keeping the "door shut" is probably not even a bad idea. The are lots of people out there like that too. Unless there is a way to root, I don't mind getting the device unrooted. Warranty is an issue tho.

Comment

Originally posted by rom69 View Post
          Hi Finless,
          I would be really awesome, if you could solve this two issues which still exist in latest orginal X8-H plus firmware:
          - Amazon video app not working (browsing OK, but no video can be started. Short spinner and back to movie list)
          - Sometimes black screens on life TV channel switching with TvHeadEnd. (there are some post of me in Minix forum regarding this problem)
          Thank you
          rom69

hey bob,

if there is something you can do about the blackscreen-issue by any chance:
          the problem is not related to the pvr-plugins in kodi. ive put a number of .ts files on a usb and played them from there. if you start the playback of a file while another one is still playing (like switching channels) eventually you have the very same behaviour: no picture but sound is fine.
          kodis log says the same:

23:12:02 T:1897707888 DEBUG: ERROR check in pts error!
          23:12:02 T:1897707888 DEBUG: check in pts failed
          23:12:02 T:1897707888 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement - hurry: 0

my conclusion would be that there is a bug in the codec itself.

is there a way in kodi advancedsettings.xml to make a playback stop first before the next playback beginns? some kind of pause/wait before switching to next file/channel? that could do as workarround.

EDIT:
          minix released a test-firmware for the pvr-issue. after intensive testing (thanks to the thumb of my wife) i think i can say the issue aint no issue no more. hooray! from my point of view this firmware could be a basis for a new finless-rom. hooray^2
          Last edited by mic; 01-31-2016, 21:28.

Comment

Finless - Bring it on sir. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

There is an estimated date for the new version?

Comment

Originally posted by fabiomedia1986
                There is an estimated date for the new version?
                Not at this time. We're just biding our time till Finless brings us his goodness.

Comment

omg minixforum is so cool.
                  i finally got banned!

just wanted everyone to know (in particular bob ^^):
                  fw 009 seems to be comming next week.
                  propably this is basis for the next rom out of your blessed hands...

Comment

Originally posted by mic View Post
                    omg minixforum is so cool.
                    i finally got banned!

just wanted everyone to know (in particular bob ^^):
                    fw 009 seems to be comming next week.
                    propably this is basis for the next rom out of your blessed hands...
                    mic - Thanks for the update. Finless, here's hoping your still up for creating a perfect Rom with custom TWRP! Also, rest assured I'll do what I can to get some donations sent your way. Cheers

Comment

Is this rom still better then the new fw 008? (which is still buggy) I'm a fan of the ROMs from Bob. I used it on my X7 . the X8-h plus needs a good rom. Minix is still struggling to get it working

Comment

Hjhoekie- Yes Bob's rom is still better than 008. I hope all is well with him as it has been awhile since we have heard from him. Fingers crossed

Comment

Rawhide85 Okay thanks, but can you please tell why it's better? Cause this 1.1 rom has been posted a while ago.
                          Thanks!
                          Last edited by Hjhoekie; 04-16-2016, 09:03.

Comment

Finless - Bob, just wanted to let you know Minix finally released FW 009! Also, I just aquired another X8-H Plus. Please PM me if you need it for testing purposes. Cheers

Official X8-H PLUS 009 firmware (20160328)

Comment

Is anyone having this issue? Since I flashed my neo x8h plus with fitness 1.1 rom a few months ago, I can't play any videos on yt app higher than 360p, unless I use a browser like firefox . Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by kpdominicano View Post
                                Is anyone having this issue? Since I flashed my neo x8h plus with fitness 1.1 rom a few months ago, I can't play any videos on yt app higher than 360p, unless I use a browser like firefox . Please help!
                                kpdominicano - I regret to tell you this developer has gone missing and there is not much support. However, you are in luck as @Abdul-pt has created a better solution. His Rom is fast, light, prerooted and comes with TWRP! I encourage you to stop by, flash and enjoy. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X