X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rawhide85
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr Goodvibes
    If we were waiting for the latest version of Minix X8H-Plus before Finless did his magic... Guess the wait just got extended a bit.
    Indications are that there will be a new build for the Minix X8H-Plus superseding the existing fw version 008 (201512312)

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/go...e-4#post-82835
    Glad to hear! Seems like they are have issues with 008.@finless, we are all patiently awaiting your greatness. +1

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Dr Goodvibes
    replied
    If we were waiting for the latest version of Minix X8H-Plus before Finless did his magic... Guess the wait just got extended a bit.
    Indications are that there will be a new build for the Minix X8H-Plus superseding the existing fw version 008 (201512312)

Leave a comment:

• mic
    replied
    Originally posted by rom69 View Post
    Hi Finless,
    I would be really awesome, if you could solve this two issues which still exist in latest orginal X8-H plus firmware:
    - Amazon video app not working (browsing OK, but no video can be started. Short spinner and back to movie list)
    - Sometimes black screens on life TV channel switching with TvHeadEnd. (there are some post of me in Minix forum regarding this problem)
    Thank you
    rom69

and i think that ive got it circled in a litle too. at least the thing with random blackscreens when switching channels. posted my research results on minixforum: http://minixforum.com/threads/bugtra...fw.9996/page-3 (my nickname there is sampleee)

Leave a comment:

• rom69
    replied
    Hi Finless,
    I would be really awesome, if you could solve this two issues which still exist in latest orginal X8-H plus firmware:
    - Amazon video app not working (browsing OK, but no video can be started. Short spinner and back to movie list)
    - Sometimes black screens on life TV channel switching with TvHeadEnd. (there are some post of me in Minix forum regarding this problem)
    Thank you
    rom69

Leave a comment:

• Dr Goodvibes
    replied
    Originally posted by vxxozxxv View Post
    I was actually looking to get the functionality on the Minix for Ethernet disguised as WiFi. Perhaps I just didn't know how to get that to work in the Finless 1.1 build of ROM I currently use. Could you elaborate some Dr Goodvibes?
    Thanks.
    It's easy. Just download and install the Xposed Framework and then search the "Browse Modules" list for "Fake WiFi Connection" by LemonSqueeze and download it.
    Install Xposed Installer and click on the Framework option. click on "Install/Update" for the first time and then reboot.

Install Fake WiFi apk and then within Xposed go to modules and activate Fake WiFi. Another reboot is required for Fake WiFi to be enabled.

Now you can enable those applications within the fake WiFi module that require WiFi.
    WiFi Analyzer does not require to be enabled to work, it just needs the Fake WiFi module to be enabled.

Then test. I use Tapatalk and Sony TV SideView as I know Sony TV Sideview can not be used on Ethernet.
    With Xposed you should be able to start a Sony TV from standby and change channels.

If you're 'very' lucky you should also be able to start WiFi Analyzer and monitor your WiFi network while you are connected to a LAN via Ethernet.

Update (30-Jan-2016) - No luck involved, all you need is to enable wifi -> Advance -> Scanning always available and have Minix v008 or Xposed Fake WiFi installed.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Dr Goodvibes; 01-30-2016, 05:42.

Leave a comment:

• vxxozxxv
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr Goodvibes View Post
    Minix has included a few 'extras' in the later versions of there firmware for the NEO X8H-Plus.
    Most notability:

Ethernet disguised as WiFi
    Samba Server

While this is applauded when the focus is strongly against having root access and supported by Minix, it falls by the wayside when using a Finless ROM with root access.
    There are many other tools available for SMB and “Fake WiFi” that provide a more mature configuration when a NEO X8H-Plus has root access.

Is it possible to remove these 'features' and just go with a cleaner build?

My reasons are very selfish as prior to Minix “Ethernet disguised as WiFi” I could use an Xposed module, which would also allow WiFi Analyzer to monitor/graph WiFi SSID and etc, when using Ethernet.
    This is not possible now that Minix has included their “Ethernet disguised as WiFi” feature.

I was actually looking to get the functionality on the Minix for Ethernet disguised as WiFi. Perhaps I just didn't know how to get that to work in the Finless 1.1 build of ROM I currently use. Could you elaborate some Dr Goodvibes?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Goodvibes
    replied
    Minix has included a few 'extras' in the later versions of there firmware for the NEO X8H-Plus.
    Most notability:

Ethernet disguised as WiFi
    Samba Server

While this is applauded when the focus is strongly against having root access and supported by Minix, it falls by the wayside when using a Finless ROM with root access.
    There are many other tools available for SMB and “Fake WiFi” that provide a more mature configuration when a NEO X8H-Plus has root access.

Is it possible to remove these 'features' and just go with a cleaner build?

My reasons are very selfish as prior to Minix “Ethernet disguised as WiFi” I could use an Xposed module, which would also allow WiFi Analyzer to monitor/graph WiFi SSID and etc, when using Ethernet.
    This is not possible now that Minix has included their “Ethernet disguised as WiFi” feature.

Update (30-Jan-2016) - My bad, all you need is to enable wifi -> Advance -> Scanning always available and have Minix v008 or Xposed Fake WiFi installed.
    So Minix hasn't nobbled anything and we still get WiFi while it's switched off and Ethernet is the only active physical connection.
    Last edited by Dr Goodvibes; 01-30-2016, 05:42.

Leave a comment:

• Rawhide85
    replied
    Finless - Let us know if you need any testing done. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• remex
    replied
    I'm ready for new ROM.
    Thank you, Bob!

Leave a comment:

• Dr Goodvibes
    replied
    Just a tad excited with the prospect of a new Finless X8H-Plus ROM.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• mic
    replied
    rooting of 008 works the same way as before via update.zip ^^

Leave a comment:

• Rawhide85
    replied
    Great news! Now Bob's got something to work with .

Leave a comment:

• mic
    replied
    008 is out!
    minix just uploaded the system image:

Leave a comment:

• mic
    replied
    oh come on! are you reading things at all? waiting for new update as basis for the new rom. which part of that is so hard to understand? and people like you asking for eta all the fxxxing time without even doing anything productive anyways make me wanna throw up!!!

sorry all others, couldnt help myself...

Leave a comment:

• derekdauzat
    replied
    Hello finless.. I recently gotten a x8-h plus and it is good, I have it running your rom, I am happy to hear you are upgrading the rom.. hopefully if will fix my ntfs/ mount problem, can't mount E or something like that.. just happened out of the blue. Was reading my 4tb drive fine, the one day just had problems.. I had to ADB side load your rom to install.. it won't let from a USB.. IDK!!
    Last edited by derekdauzat; 01-05-2016, 12:30.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X