X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vxxozxxv
    replied

Originally posted by Finless
    I will be working on it this weekend and next week.

Bob
    Thank you Bob, it's great keeping these boxes updated. I look forward to testing the new release.

Minix X8-H Plus - Finless 1.1 ROM
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Dr Goodvibes
    replied
    Sweet.

Thanks Bob for creating and upgrading this ROM.

Just got the X8H-Plus a week ago and really like the box.
    Currently running stock version 004 and interested in exploring if I can etch out a few more Mbit/sec on Wireless 802.11ac AND explorer why a SanDisk Extreme Plus 96/61MB r/w (as seen via CrystalDisk on Win8.1 PC) only returns 10MB r/w when the 12GB flash (sdcard0) on the Minix box can get 25MB r/w.

The low IO is seen on "A1 SD Bench" app and via ftp get/put from a QNAP server.

Maybe Finless Bob could have a passing look at sdcard IO if something simple like caching/buffers could be improved.

Thanks, you're a star.

Update

WiFi at approx 80-85Mbits/sec is capping IO to the X8H-Plus.
    A1 SD Bench seems to be misleading as a local LAN NAS can obtain 29/14MB/sec read/write to the external SD card using the 1Gbit Ethernet interface.
    Last edited by Dr Goodvibes; 04-28-2015, 02:24.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    I will be working on it this weekend and next week.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• vxxozxxv
    replied
    Hello. Just checking if there is any update on a new Finless ROM for the Minix X8-H Plus as Minix recently posted firmware 004. I'm still rocking this ROM and it's been good, interested in later release with any bug fix or performance improvements. Thank you for all the hard work on these ROM's.

Minix X8-H Plus - Finless 1.1 ROM
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• chrisism
    replied
    Originally posted by mic View Post
    just create a dir in /sdcard/yourmountpoint and do the mount according to it. access later via /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

/sdcard/yourmountpoint IS SAME AS /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

because of namespaces it seems to be important to do it like this. i fail doing the mount with init.d. i think for exactly the same reason of namespaces. something seems to be incomplete or buggy in busybox or supersu. no idea exactly. actually i dont care ... it works ^^

(since i went from finless to 003 a while ago i cant remember really but i think with finless i managed to do the mount with init.d and access directly with /sdcard/mountpoint)

rooted using update-gufone-root-x8.zip from minixforum.com

I got the mount working with stock ROM too now on my rooted box. Installed an SSH server instead of doing it directly in a terminal emulator on android.
    Logged in and executed the command as specified by mic.
    Now I only have to do the scripts still.
    But yeah, Finless rom not needed for CIFS then.

Leave a comment:

• mic
    replied
    just create a dir in /sdcard/yourmountpoint and do the mount according to it. access later via /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

/sdcard/yourmountpoint IS SAME AS /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

because of namespaces it seems to be important to do it like this. i fail doing the mount with init.d. i think for exactly the same reason of namespaces. something seems to be incomplete or buggy in busybox or supersu. no idea exactly. actually i dont care ... it works ^^

(since i went from finless to 003 a while ago i cant remember really but i think with finless i managed to do the mount with init.d and access directly with /sdcard/mountpoint)

rooted using update-gufone-root-x8.zip from minixforum.com
    Last edited by mic; 04-11-2015, 23:09.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Because of the su --mount-master I think you talk about the Finless way to root?

No need to create /sdcard/yourmountpoint (/mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint) before you run the script the first time?

Anyway, THX for the right/correct version of the mount statement

Leave a comment:

• mic
    replied
    sorry for putting this in the totally wrong thread but it started here....

Here how i got my CIFS up an running on x8h+ with 003 and rooted using update.zip:

put this:
    su --mount-master -c busybox mount -t cifs -o username=xxx,password=xxx,iocharset=utf8,file_mode =0777,dir_mode=0777,gid=1009,uid=10092 //yourshare /sdcard/yourmountpoint
    into a script that gets executed by smanager after boot is complete.
    acces the mount via:
    /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

i use rootbrowser to create links to my shares on the homescreen for easy access. any app should be able to access them too using the given path -> /mnt/shell/emulated/0/yourmountpoint

feedback pls

Leave a comment:

• rpgmaker
    replied
    By the way, minix has released the 004 firmware: http://minixforum.com/threads/offici...nix-fota.5196/ but I didn't see any mention of the CIFS issue. Are we sure that they are going to be doing something about that or that the issue is with this device?
    Dear all NEO X8-H Plus users, (Please note that this firmware is for X8-H PLUS only, it does not work with X8, X8 PLUS or X8-H) Official 004 firmware has...

Leave a comment:

• chrisism
    replied
    Originally posted by mic View Post
    hey people,

what is the prob with cifs? i have 003 rooted running on my x8h+. no problem. it was a bit tricky because of multiuser-stuff and namespaces and all but i got it working here. for whatever reason not via initd but with smanager that executes a script to do my mounts. heavy data-trafic there too because of my pvr-backend (tvheadend) running on the x8h+ but storing and playback of recordings from/to my nas...
    i would love to know what problem you are talking about then...
    cheers
    Nice! Would like that too. I have mine rooted too but I cant get it working.
    I used CifsManager etc. I used the command "su --mount-master -c busybox mount -t cifs -o username=****,password=****,iocharset=utf8,file_mo de=0777,dir_mode=0777,gid=10092,uid=10092 //<IP>/<SHARENAME> /data/media/0/<name> in a terminal. All without result.

I''ve already posted a lot of issues on the minix forum, see the link.
    Everytime I get the error "Mount operation failed with an error. Mount now in progress." and as far as I can see on forums and stuff only people with the finless or custom roms have got cifs working.
    Does anyone know how to mount a shared drive from the network on the Minix 8H-Plus? I got mine rooted and installed Cifs manager, but it keeps giving me...

Leave a comment:

• mic
    replied
    hey people,

what is the prob with cifs? i have 003 rooted running on my x8h+. no problem. it was a bit tricky because of multiuser-stuff and namespaces and all but i got it working here. for whatever reason not via initd but with smanager that executes a script to do my mounts. heavy data-trafic there too because of my pvr-backend (tvheadend) running on the x8h+ but storing and playback of recordings from/to my nas...
    i would love to know what problem you are talking about then...
    cheers

Leave a comment:

• chrisism
    replied
    Waiting for the 003 release too. Got the stock ROM now but I really need the CIFS support.
    Don't know if to wait for the Finless ROM with 003 or just install Finless 1.1

Leave a comment:

• renatojorge1976
    replied
    finless, if you do a new rom, please warn here.
    i have always this page openned to see when you say something.
    thanks for all your hard work

Leave a comment:

• rpgmaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    So I cannot keep up on everything that goes on in the Minix forum but does 003 for the Plus also have the CIFS issue? If so that means a update is coming.
    I don't really know. Lately I mostly visit this forums to see if you posted a new version of the rom.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by rpgmaker View Post
    Have you read this from official sources? In a thread here a user seemed to tell you of this alleged upcoming quick update but later realized that what he read was about the x8-h, not the Plus.
    So I cannot keep up on everything that goes on in the Minix forum but does 003 for the Plus also have the CIFS issue? If so that means a update is coming.

Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X