X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpgmaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Yes but due to some issues with 003 my understanding is there will be a release soon. So I am waiting for that.

Bob
    Have you read this from official sources? In a thread here a user seemed to tell you of this alleged upcoming quick update but later realized that what he read was about the x8-h, not the Plus.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Yes but due to some issues with 003 my understanding is there will be a release soon. So I am waiting for that.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• proove2613
    replied
    Hello,
    are you planning to compile a firmware based on the Minix 003 release? I tried to update using the box but it doesn't allow me.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• johnson6708
    replied
    My bad... I actually have the X8-H Plus.... sorry

Leave a comment:

• MarkZeds
    replied
    Originally posted by johnson6708 View Post
    Hey Bob,

I'm worried you're going to tell me something bad.. but here goes.

I have a defective Minix X8-h, so I need to return it. In attempts to see if the operating system was part of the problem I flashed it with your image, but now that it didn't work, and I have to return it, I have to reflash it back to stock.

I'm trying to use the full system image on the Minix site but it keeps stopping at 5% and now wont even boot into your image.

Any ideas as to how I can recover?
    You are in the wrong forum. This is for the X8-H Plus. You may be trying to flash with the wrong firmware.

Leave a comment:

• johnson6708
    replied
    Worried... and panicked

Hey Bob,

I'm worried you're going to tell me something bad.. but here goes.

I have a defective Minix X8-h, so I need to return it. In attempts to see if the operating system was part of the problem I flashed it with your image, but now that it didn't work, and I have to return it, I have to reflash it back to stock.

I'm trying to use the full system image on the Minix site but it keeps stopping at 5% and now wont even boot into your image.

Any ideas as to how I can recover?

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Yes you can restore your stuff from 1.0 to 1.1 using TWRP.
    BUT DO NOT restore SYSTEM. Only restore DATA.
    If you restore SYSTEM it will take you back to 1.0.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• renatojorge1976
    replied
    root and xmodgames

with this rom the minix is like a rooted phone?

can i install xmodgames?

Leave a comment:

• wilsoncheng
    replied
    I loaded it and it work well, thanks!!!

One big item on the wish list: Is there a way to make the audio output selection between HDMI and S/PDIF separately?
    e.g. HDMI = PCM, S/PDIF= pass-through.

Reason is, all other device I have are set up this way.
    HDMI go to TV
    S/PDIF go to Receiver
    When I want to watch TV at night, I just don't turn on the receiver and use my headphone that connected to the TV.

All my device can do this, except X8-H Plus.

Leave a comment:

• watox69
    replied
    Overclock

Originally posted by StanTek View Post
    FYI:

For some of you Overclocker's out there, I've been testing the "NoFrills" CPU Control" and it works on this Rom. It allows you to change the low frequency setting and it sticks. I'm using the Interactive Governor, max frequency 1992 gigahertz and low frequency 1296 gigahertz with no change in temperature at 86F.

Thanx

Leave a comment:

• renatojorge1976
    replied
    help

Unrooting is unnecessary. All stock roms are unrooted. When you install a rom it wipes your drive clean and installs its on OS system on the drive. You don't want a dual OS system on these boxes. It's a waste of space. Listen, once you start using custom roms, you would want to stick with them because they are better than stock roms. However, once you find a custom rom that works for you, you don't have to update your rom every time a new one comes out, lol. A lot of us do it for testing and know how to restore back to their old rom if they don't like the new one.
    can xmodgames be installed and work in android games?

Leave a comment:

• MarkZeds
    replied
    I used a SD card instead of an USB to flash and everything is fine. I'm looking at Finless space background.

By flashing with Finless rom, does it delete xbmc from the apps? Edit: In removed apps.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by MarkZeds; 03-03-2015, 13:07.

Leave a comment:

• StanTek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkZeds View Post
    I guess I didn't read enough. I just took it for granted that I needed the recovery file on my USB to flash. Since my rom was 11/22 and have already flashed with the 002 firmware from Minix, no need for it. It tells me the the installation has been aborted. If I unplug to reboot I should be fine?

That's the question.

Tks
    MarkZeds
    Reformat your miniSD card and put the files on there including the recovery file. If you still get aborted errors the box doesn't like that miniSD card you are using so hopefully you have more than one of them. Do not use a USB drive or stick to flash your box.

Leave a comment:

• MarkZeds
    replied
    I guess I didn't read enough. I just took it for granted that I needed the recovery file on my USB to flash. Since my rom was 11/22 and have already flashed with the 002 firmware from Minix, no need for it. It tells me the the installation has been aborted. If I unplug to reboot I should be fine?

That's the question.

Tks
    MarkZeds

Leave a comment:

• MarkZeds
    replied
    Bob give complete instructions on which devices uses his ROMS. Read.
    Sorry StanTek, I thought you were answering my question.

I followed exactly what he said in the read me file within his minix_neox8hplus_finless11rom zip. I have a Minix Neo X8-h Plus. I'm posting in the correct thread. I HAVE READ.

Option 2:
    MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE A USB OTG CABLE CONNECTED!
    1) With the SDcard in your X8 go to APPS and you will see an Update APP. Run this APP.
    2) Click the select button and it should list the file neox8plus_finless_1_0.zip. Select it.
    3) Click the Update button.
    4) The system should reboot and automatically install the update.
    If it does it will reboot when done and the ROM is installed and your done!
    If it boots to the recovery menu (it does this sometimes and I don't know why) then follow these steps.
    5) You will need a mouse! Be careful the mouse input is extremely sensitive! Select "Apply updated from EXT",
    6) Now select SDcard and you should see the file neox8plus_finless_1_0.zip. Select it.
    7) Recovery will install the update and drop you to the main recovery menu.
    You will see messages I have added about what it is doing. Watch for errors.
    8) Select Reboot Now and the system will reboot and the ROM will be installed.
    Enjoy your done!
    Last edited by MarkZeds; 03-03-2015, 04:28.

Leave a comment:

• StanTek
    replied
    Originally posted by ghale View Post
    Hello and excuse for the newbie question: I've seen that exists a Finless 2.0a ROM, too.
    It's for another specific device, right?

The Finless 1.1 ROM is ONLY for MiniX NEO X8-H Plus, right?

This ROM is based on 001 version of the stock Minix ROM or is a completely different ROM done ad hoc for this device?

Thanks,
    ghale

Bob give complete instructions on which devices uses his ROMS. Read.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X